Ivan Rakitić

Raketa10

Roberto should be the starting CM on par with Arthur and Frenkie. And so far it is not clear whether Arthur and Frenkie will click.

He is a squad player and nothing more. In big games he will be a disaster, just wait and see. One good game against Betis and all of a sudden he is our KDB. :lol:

Calidad

I don’t quite understand why Valverde has benched him (even though I agree with it), but I don’t think he’s needed at the club anymore. He doesn’t offer anything that another player can’t.

stability/control - busquets, FDJ, Arthur
dynamic/goal threat - Vidal, Alena, Rafinha (if he stays)
jack of all trades/box to box - Vidal, Roberto, Puig

I’d be amazed if we actually get some decent money for him though, but we’ll see.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is a squad player and nothing more. In big games he will be a disaster, just wait and see. One good game against Betis and all of a sudden he is our KDB. :lol:

Nah, he is a quality midfielder and always has been. You have his RB performances in mind. Although he will have an occasional stinker as most players do. The thing is, if he plays with dynamic midfielders to complement him, he does the job. Really, he is not worse than the same Milner or Wijnaldum, just an all-round workhorse. People won CLs with worse players. The problem is EV.

xXKonan

I think he's done being a starter or at least playing 95% of the games he and Busi enjoyed.

If Roberto keeps clicking and you have the likes of Arthur, FDJ, Vidal, etc around there's really no reason for him to be a starter anymore.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
There are some rumours about him leaving. That would be great. Take some cash while we can. We have a lot of midfielders anyway, and Roberto can do his job just fine.

xXKonan

Moises Llorens said that the club expects Juve to come with an offer this coming week for him.

They wanted to offer us players+cash for him but we just want cash.

BBZ8800

Some Croatian papers say that he was benched again because he could move to Juventus on Monday.

Even though, Juventus story doesn't make sense.
They already have:
Pjanic, Khedira, Ramsey, Matuidi, Rabiot, Can, Betancur.

Psg or Inter made more sense.

Home of Barca Fans