Ivan Rakitić

Ken_rosseneri

Rakitic can like leave this club please... i am begging.. leave, you suck.. like you he plays like a headless chicken.. so many side passes, back passes.. geez... like omg why did we have to miss out on Seri.. our midfield sucks bad...we are in big trouble this season.. watch and see...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He wasn't really that bad overall yesterday except for those terrible 5-10 minutes in 2nd half.

He was bad.

You see, this is why we don't move forward. You call a spade a spade.

He's a midfielder with a lot more freedom now and should take part in creating some plays for the team, but all he does is waste the ball the few times he tries to pass the ball forward. And then he often ignores the obvious open player to play the ball back or sideways to Busquets.

I call that very bad. You could have any midfielder from the B team do the same safe passes as him with success. Some of them would sure as hell be a lot more mobile off the ball too and help out in that facet of the game.

BBZ8800

He was bad.

You see, this is why we don't move forward. You call a spade a spade.

He's a midfielder with a lot more freedom now and should take part in creating some plays for the team, but all he does is waste the ball the few times he tries to pass the ball forward. And then he often ignores the obvious open player to play the ball back or sideways to Busquets.

I call that very bad. You could have any midfielder from the B team do the same safe passes as him with success. Some of them would sure as hell be a lot more mobile off the ball too and help out in that facet of the game.

I don't think either that Rakitic is good anymore, but we are exagerrating here.
Remember when Rafinha started to play for us?
He was all over the place all the time, our midfield was all over the place and our team played some 5-0-5 formation wherever he was on field.
Or take Samper, in the past very hyped young player. When he played, we often looked strange, he looked strange and badly positioned, who couldn't get any balls in defensive part of a game and his passes are sometimes extremely-wtf-level-of-strange with those strange Pirloesque long balls, totally wrong fit (balls) for our style.

So, a current Raki, no matter how bad he is, he is still way better than Rafinfa from his early years at Barca and from ANY Samper, for example.

My point, Paulinho, even Gomes and other players would probably be better than a current Rakitic.
But saying that any Barca B midfielder who has to learn 100s of things in movement, positioning, defending, decisions, experience would be better a current Raki is just not true.

Again, I am not defending him, just saying that he is not THAT bad ;)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think either that Rakitic is good anymore, but we are exagerrating here.
Remember when Rafinha started to play for us?
He was all over the place all the time, our midfield was all over the place and our team played some 5-0-5 formation wherever he was on field.
Or take Samper, in the past very hyped young player. When he played, we often looked strange, he looked strange and badly positioned, who couldn't get any balls in defensive part of a game and his passes are sometimes extremely-wtf-level-of-strange with those strange Pirloesque long balls, totally wrong fit (balls) for our style.

So, a current Raki, no matter how bad he is, he is still way better than Rafinfa from his early years at Barca and from ANY Samper, for example.

My point, Paulinho, even Gomes and other players would probably be better than a current Rakitic.
But saying that any Barca B midfielder who has to learn 100s of things in movement, positioning, defending, decisions, experience would be better a current Raki is just not true.

Again, I am not defending him, just saying that he is not THAT bad ;)

Essentially you agree with me.

You're saying he's so bad that Gomes would be better than him, not that bad that any La Masia midfielder would be better than him.

Okay, but I bet you some of the midfielders we have currently would be able to move more off the ball and give our other players better passing lanes/options. That's already better than everything else Rakitic is providing right now and I backed him a lot. What does he have? Experience? Uses that well to pass sideways and slowly too.

If Alenya is promoted right now and play in front of Rakitic, I'm willing to put money on him outperforming him.

Should be benched for Roberto. Paulinho I still prefer as a super sub rather than a starter.

Roberto would be far from ideal but we cant do any better thanks to the board's failure to properly reinforce the midfield over the summer.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
All he is right now is an outlet, receives pass passes it back and retains possession but he doesn't advance our play forward, no dribbling, no speed to attack spaces, no creativity at all. It's frustrating to watch because when he receives the ball the natural instinct you feel is he could make a huge difference, be a vital cog in our system but he just seems oblivious out there. Nothing he attempts/does is "out of the box." Anyone can fulfill his role at this moment.

He gave us one very good season, which for 18m is enough. But we cannot continue to rely on him to start for us in midfield. He simply isn't good enough now.

Paulinho seems to be a better bench option too so we might as well sell him next summer before his value drops any more.

Judoman

Short and selective memory, lack of loyalty, a lot of hate, pesimism....features of a solid number of football fans.

FCBfan22

[youtube]dYC82P9dgIM[/youtube]

I think it's really bad when a member of coaching staff looks more energetic than Ivan when chasing the ball in the middle of a rondo...

Last edited:

Neeraj

I'm not sure I'm more pissed off with. Rakitic for not giving a fuck about earning his keep and doing anything productive on the field, or Valverde who has the power to make him sit on the bench all season, but trolls every fan by subbing out everyone around him and not Rakitic.

If the fact that Rakitic is done isn't clear to Valverde (which in itself is a red flag), at least that match he had against Sporting should have led to him being subbed off; he was a liability in every sense of the word - there's NO reason to continue keeping him on. It's not like he's a young player who's confidence is at stake. So either Valverde is blind/doesn't know what football means/doesn't give a fuck/is trolling us. There literally cannot be any other option, if you think about it.

Home of Barca Fans