Ivan Rakitić

kilian

Who wouldn`t be? Enrique just won`t let him get into good match rhythm.

Our midfield is absolutely disjointed. Every match new trio. You can`t possibly play at your best in that kind of conditions.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't good at all but then again when he came off Atlético even got better.

Maybe we need a Kante and go full Messi waterboy mode.

F

FlaFCB

[tw]827196638372515840[/tw]

As long as his wages won't be insane after the renewal, I'd keep him and sell gomes and arda.

FC B

[tw]827196638372515840[/tw]

As long as his wages won't be insane after the renewal, I'd keep him and sell gomes and arda.

Agreed but I doubt Lucho and the board would agree on that after they were the ones that went for Gomes and Arda in the first place, it would mean accepting their errors..

SocalBarcaFan

To me he has been our worst midfielder this year. Well him and Gomes. And I think Rakitic only gets a pass by some of you because of what he has done in the past. I seriously can't remember the last game where he was a difference maker.

El Flaco

Yesterday, the Croatian newspaper Novi List held an interview with Rakitic.

Here's the original source and there's translated quotes within the spoiler tag.

[tw]828904767652925440[/tw]

[tw]828904883528953857[/tw]

[tw]828905058808901632[/tw]

[tw]828905124705677313[/tw]

[tw]828905338824830976[/tw]

[tw]828905439555260416[/tw]

[tw]828905527543357440[/tw]

[tw]828905718048632832[/tw]

[tw]829018248301604866[/tw]

[tw]829018305163784193[/tw]

[tw]829018544201363456[/tw]

[tw]829018623691743232[/tw]

[tw]829018703794565120[/tw]

[tw]829018820102598656[/tw]

[tw]829019064026566656[/tw]

[tw]829019272311476224[/tw]

[tw]829019338577317888[/tw]

[tw]829019425315516417[/tw]

[tw]829019500431368192[/tw]

Rakitic also made an another interview with the same outlet last week.

It'd be helpful if a Croatian-speakers would like to translate some of Rakitic's quotes that wasn't mentioned in Sport article above.

BBZ8800

[MENTION=20286]El Flaco[/MENTION], that's a really long article.

Anyway, a simple google translate will tell you more or less everything:
(If some parts are strange and you want to know about it and with a better translation, we can help about certain parts):
In Gava Mar nothing we can not disturb the necessary concentration, that I found my peace. Yes, as in those most romantic movies, women, children and two dogs. Because ... when I'm not in training, matches or traveling, I kept to my wife, children and dogs, because they are part of our family. All together we play, walk ... All my free time I spend with them

Gava Mar. The sun was no longer possible to break through the clouds that reached south to the Balearic Islands, the canopy of palm trees in the yards nearby villa began to bend in all directions, but not stirred up strong enough to override the waves peace and quiet leisurely afternoon. Wide sandy beaches are waiting peacefully sunset, rare walkers and runners as best as the last miles of their usual routes, and the Croatian national team in the ranks of the famous "Barcelona", Ivan Rakitic, in the backyard of his home the Catalan started telling his story from Barcelona.

Ha, should not even be said that I am Catalan. No, not that I can not admit of a woman who is from Seville, ha, ha, ha ... I'll say this, a way of life and, in general, the environment in which we live now is completely different. To each other they do not have in common. In Seville are people like us in Dalmatia, about this film: "Slowly, tomorrow we will have the time, no rush, let's sit down 'and drink' coffee ...". On the other hand, however, the people are very friendly in Seville and friendly, close to each other, whether they know or five days to know five years. And they are very open, as well as our Dalmatians. And compassionate. When you need anything, just give you a hand.

In Barcelona, ​​Catalonia or in general, people are different. Let's say ... Sort of like the Swiss, most tend to them. They are a little more restrained, not so open. Respect each other, but always kept a certain distance from each other. I would say this: you do not touch me, I will not hurt you. They have their own circle of people with whom they have a close and mind their own business. In Seville is different, there you walk down the street and all salute, here, nor look at each other. That is why my wife, when we first moved to Barcelona, ​​was difficult. I understood then, as it still is in Seville remained large circle of her friends and family that was always with us.

For me it was easier, though I also met there over the years a very large number of friends and acquaintances. Raquel is in Barcelona at the beginning of missed contact with the people, we came to a town where we knew no one, should get used to the new environment. For this reason we have chosen at the beginning of life in the city center, we wanted to get to know Barcelona at first hand, but also to meet new people, discover some of the places where we go out and go. We are accustomed to Barcelona and Catalonia, and we're really good here.

We live in Gava Mar, a town on the Catalan coast between Viladecans and Castelldefels, where your peace and find some of my teammates, like Messi and Suarez. Out of the box, my next-door neighbor Mascherano, who lives two houses from me ... So, we a family of people we knew to choose priorities, not by chance that we have all chosen to live here just this part with Barcelona. Menu Gava Mar nothing can disturb the necessary concentration, that I found my peace. Yes, as in those most romantic movies, women, children and two dogs. Because ... when I'm not in training, matches or traveling, I kept to my wife, children and dogs, because they are part of our family. All together we play, walk ... All my free time I spend with my family. The older daughter Althea has started school, it's still really kindergarten, but in Spain it is already called the school, but at home we are more to the younger daughter Adar. Both love to go to the zoo, especially Althea. She loves animals and often we were there.

I never hide from people. However, when I signed the "Barcelona", people from the club advised me that the place is desirable to avoid, the ones that fans and lovers of football usually frequented, where there are no tourists ... So it was at the beginning, but some places and still avoid. I, for example, live in Barcelona for the third year, and yet not once have I walked the Rambla, or not-the-bottom. On Montjuic I was only twice. I lie, I passed all the sights, but I watched them from the second floor of the bus when we glory trophies, ha, ha ... just then. Despite the fact that I play in a big club and I, let's say, very famous, I do not want to change your personal life. So, if my wife and I want to walk around with the kids, and I take a walk.

I do not want to think that I'm going to skip the walk with his wife and children, because I know I'm going to take pictures while five or ten times. I have no problem with that, I will take pictures with people and if you need a hundred times. I know, after all, which is what I meant to take pictures with some player "Basel" when I first made the first football steps, how much people mean when taking pictures of the game with "Barcelona". I'm jumping with happiness and joy when I collected the ball in a game "Basel" in the Champions League when I was fourteen, I remember like it was yesterday was how happy I was when I was handing the ball along the ground players "Liverpool" and "Juventus" . Imagine how far children when im-enable to take a photo with the player "Barcelona", on this particularly sensitive and I never told me about it hard.

Adara is still very small, but Althea was already getting used to her dad known. Here, we often like to go with Althea in one, as we call it, our park. Because to me during these walks we took a lot of people stopped on the streets and photographed with me, on one occasion Althea to compare with the star in this our park in front of the people also paint and thus we said, 'Dad, you're the star of one of our parks that everyone must take a picture with you! "... she's already figured joke, let's walk together, and someone came to me and asked for a photo, she immediately stood behind me that she does not find on that same photograph. OK it is when it happens once, but if a row this shooting, then a little angry, and he tells me: "Dad, do not paint anymore, 'let's play!". Sympathetic to me when coming matches, and I have to go, see how frowned and tells me: "Oh, dear, again you have to go play football ... Let's at least do not stay long," ha, ha, ha ...

With the neighbors have no problem, as it is, for example, had Messi when he bought a house in Castelldefels. The neighbors were a bit loud, so Leo had to buy their house to be alone, ha, ha, ha ... Yes, fortunately, I had no such problems. The first neighbor I was a German, a little old man, director of an automobile home. Not married, no children, the whole is placed on the work it and we do not see much. When we see, we change a few sentences in German, tells me to throw around hanging if someone around the house when it does, and that's it. On the other hand neighbors, some Russians, yes, yes, multinational environment, ha, ha, ha ...

It turns out that in my neighborhood no Spaniards, ha, ha ... I have really no problem. Once just happened that the people who live near us organize the celebration 18th birthday of his daughter. One evening we came to her father, knocked on the door and said apologetically if a little louder, because they have a party. I said, of course, that there are no problems, but I did not know that he has hired a DJ. It was like in a real disco, and Adara just been born ... Boy, it took until the morning. And no, I said after that used by small to discos, as once her dad ha, ha, ha ... Like father, like daughter. We have not yet organized similar birthday party, but we have them reciprocate, ha, ha, ha ... I just ... I do not know if we will stay here as long as Althea and Adar they become adults, but we'll get them anyway.

No, we are not often targeted by the paparazzi, but there are attempts. Do they wait for us in front of the exit of the garage. I understand everybody's business, but of course I would like to leave his private life to himself. We are trying and when we put some common photos on our profiles on social nets, to preserve the privacy of our children, blur their eyes or avoid them see your face. Sometimes I regret, because the pictures are very beautiful. Everything has today, though ... We are in Gava Mar feel safe.

I for myself I like to say that I am not a typical football star. I'm not interested in glamor, not least, I live for my wife and children, for my family. That's it. But ... I'm not the only one. As much as the people do not seem such, most players "Barcelona" live family life and very true to their families. Leo and Luis are on this issue is very close to me, but we do not want to impose my other teammates, everyone chooses himself as his best. We chose this life, everyone is entitled to their choice, on his idea. I like to go out as a junior, hang out with your friends, now my priorities are different. In the ranks of his own, with today's experience some things I'd do differently, but each time to pay its own. Maybe I was young just had to do some things that today I am what I am. I do not regret anything, everyone has their own roadmap to follow and in this way must be persistent. It was this way good or bad, it should be followed, if necessary, and head through the wall.

My favorite places in Barcelona? I will disappoint many, I know, but we like to go into a shopping center. I would not want me wrong, it's a classic shopping center, nor are we going there to buy goods. We go there in the first place for the kids, because it really has a lot of content that Althea and Adara worship. Cinema, ringilšpili, playgrounds, we want to have fun. All those who have small children know what I'm saying, Althea and Adara dictate our rhythm, they are the ones who decide where we are going, ha, ha, ha ... Here, just the other day we drive by that center and Althea says: "Anecblau, Anecblau ... "This is the name of the city, translated into Spanish" Blue duck ", but he knows very well where he is going, ha, ha ... a lot of time I spend on the beach under our noses, we open the doors of our yard and we are already on the sandy shores. We are very open to the sea ...

My gourmet habits in Barcelona are specific, lately a little more careful in the diet, but I eat really everything. And there is a Catalan specialty that special love, wish to strongly and local cuisine ... I met a Serb who was the eighties played handball for the "Barcelona" and opened a restaurant in the city center. He gave me a handball goalkeeper Saric, he took me to a restaurant where the chef from one of our Balkan regions. It was the right decision, because every man a little past the menu has to offer one of our specialties. Sarma, beans, various broths ... Whenever something there, send me a message and I swing by and get it.

Last week he had a charm, I sat in the car, came to him, had coffee, I took home a bowl full and ... Hit the charm, ha, ha, ha ... Generally we eat a lot of fish, but since we live by the sea, it is and means right? Often while walking with their dogs, Labrador četveroipolgodišnjim Nuno and two-year pomerijancem Enzo, I meet people who catch fish on the beach. They stick sticks in the sand and wait ... However, just never seen that something caught. Once I deliberately waited half an hour and more, just wanted to see whether a fish to bite ... and I've nothing. I wonder if I then so, so whoever catches the fish that we constantly eat, ha, ha, ha ...

Yes, I'm in his career mainly lived in cities that have nothing to do with the sea, although Sevilla was not that far, but in Barcelona we just wanted to be near the sea. If the good Lord is given and thus remain forever ... It would be nice, because here we're having fun. I enjoy the fact that I wake up and lie down with the waves. It calms me, although there are friends who come to us and spend the night and then the next day we say that they could not sleep from the sea and wind. I understand people who are used to put out the light before going to bed and fall asleep in silence. It considers these waves as a favorite music to fall asleep like a baby, I can not imagine that I would fall asleep without the sound of waves.

Do you ask me now can you imagine that in ten years, as those fishermen I talked about, stab rods in the sand on this same beach in the company of his wife and children waiting for the fish to bite while our dogs run around ... It would not be bad, I leave beard and mustache and be like in that book "the Old Man and the sea", ha, ha, ha ... I'm joking a little, I do not like too much to look forward. I like to enjoy the present, because .. Who knows what will happen tomorrow, let alone in ten years. Menu is important to take your children on the right path and to end my career on a nice way to enjoy the game to the last game. If that happen, I will be extremely happy. Until that moment the Catalan beaches or in the Swiss mountains.

Home of Barca Fans