Ivan Rakitić

SeloBarca

Cesc was not good either. He far to attackminded and ended up playing a CF more then a midfielder.
Hes also not that good on controlling the ball in tight situations. His slowness often cost us counterattacks.

serghei

His creative skills are avarge. Just not enough for the ambitions of this club.

+1.

I'm scratching my head and asking myself how did selling Cesc and Song and buying only Rakitic can be considered improving the midfield. In what world?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
+1.

I'm scratching my head and asking myself how did selling Cesc and Song and buying only Rakitic can be considered improving the midfield. In what world?

I don't get how you don't get that if Cesc was asked to cover Dani Alves' ass and not play a part in build-up, he would have done as bad if not worse than Rakitic is doing right now.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Raki started the season really well. I think it is the current system that he really suffers from.

serghei

I don't get how you don't get that if Cesc was asked to cover Dani Alves' ass and not play a part in build-up, he would have done as bad if not worse than Rakitic is doing right now.

I'm not talking tactics here. I'm talking the value of the players, and there is no position in midfield, where Rakitic is superior to Fabregas, other than maybe DM (a position in which we already have 2 superior players to both). None. Fabregas is the better CAM, the better CM, you name it. Rakitic was brought by Lucho do serve a specific purpose in a tactic that's failing big time.

We sold Cesc, for what? To play Rafinha and Rakitic there? :facepalm: Please. And we sold Alexis for what, to play Suarez in a position in which tracking back is pretty important?

IMHO, it's poor judgement from Lucho on 2 things:

1. Tactic
2. Transfers (wrong people out, wrong people in).

We're playing with a weaker team than last season, with a coach who seems quite confused.

Last edited:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
He can't even get loose during a game because he's constantly on the flanks babysitting Alves and his non-existent defense. Lucho needs to address this immediately, it's painfully obvious that Alves has become the weak link.

kilian

I can`t believe that the national team problems are happening to him now in the club too. He`s no Iniesta but he showed us last season that when played correctly he can be a fantastic player. But national team coaches played him on the wrong positions to cover for lack of appropriate players for a certain tactic and now we`re seeing it all over again in Barca. He looks totally confused and restricted to me.

I`m looking at his stats on whoscored, he`s down from 2,3 average key passes last season to 1,1 this season. His shots, long balls and through balls are also down. Definitely limited by the tactics at the moment. Add to that he is still new at the club with a number of superstars and you get a bad performing player.

Lomar1o

lucho will make him the best RB in the world, but this isn't gonna help barca and blind people will bash him. rakitic IS barca quality, at least current barca quality. i'd love to see xavi, fabregas or anyone else COVERING alves' space he leaves behind. they'd be half the players rakitic is. lucho is just clueless

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I don't know whether the people bashing him are just that stupid or trying to make him a scapegoat for Lucho's stupid tactics. Seriously you want Cesc fucking Fabregas for the system Lucho is using? You got to be kidding me. Try playing Rakitic in one match where he doesn't have to play RB and you'll be kissing his ass after the performance. We saw that clearly last season when he played in Sevilla and we'll see it here too if he gets to play in the fucking midfield

L

linetty

+1.

I'm scratching my head and asking myself how can you post this crap? Cesc didn't have to babysit Alves and cover up for defence. You can't do three things all at once.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

I'm scratching my head and asking myself how can you post this crap? Cesc didn't have to babysit Alves and cover up for defence. You can't do three things all at once.

Of course you can you only need to get high enough as our friend is. At least I hope he is

Home of Barca Fans