Ivan Rakitić

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
He is too isolated trying to cover for Dani. Playing deep is not his style plus Iniesta's bad form isn't helping either
I'd like to see this midfield in the next tough game:
Masch
Busi-Rakitic​

F

Flavia

I liked his cameo today. That shot he took was straight at the gk, I think he could've done better. Or pass it to Messi/Neymar.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I liked his cameo today. That shot he took was straight at the gk, I think he could've done better. Or pass it to Messi/Neymar.

It's seems to me like he hesitated wheter to shoot or pass, so he didn't make his mind which resulted in the poor attempt...

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
OMG OMG OMG

BzJCZEgCAAAyCSD.jpg:large

Please make this a smiley face, please please please.

Darko

Azerbaidjan was terrible, he played well and got himself an assist with a great free kick cross, but could have played better tbh.

dakt

Azerbaidjan was terrible, he played well and got himself an assist with a great free kick cross, but could have played better tbh.

I don't think he played well. Given that whole team played really good, he was one of the "worst" on the pitch. I expected much more from him.
Modric was brilliant.

kilian

I don't think he played well. Given that whole team played really good, he was one of the "worst" on the pitch. I expected much more from him.
Modric was brilliant.

You should try to be realistic sometimes. Always criticising players. He isn`t Messi or Iniesta and never will be, so I don`t know what do you expect from him. Played a good game, was involved a lot and got an assist with a great free kick. Misplaced a few passes, but who doesn`t.

dakt

You should try to be realistic sometimes. Always criticising players. He isn`t Messi or Iniesta and never will be, so I don`t know what do you expect from him. Played a good game, was involved a lot and got an assist with a great free kick. Misplaced a few passes, but who doesn`t.

I expect more forward passes. A lot of time he acts like wall bouncing the ball back to defense. For Barca level, he has to be more fluid and creative. So I expect from him to improve in that segment.
Considering that the opponent was pretty weak and that he plays for top level club, he should be more of organizer like Modric. Don't get me twisted, he's good, better then Fabregas, but needs to improve.

kilian

I expect more forward passes. A lot of time he acts like wall bouncing the ball back to defense. For Barca level, he has to be more fluid and creative. So I expect from him to improve in that segment.
Considering that the opponent was pretty weak and that he plays for top level club, he should be more of organizer like Modric. Don't get me twisted, he's good, better then Fabregas, but needs to improve.

So in your opinion he is better than Fabregas, who is a world class player and you think he still needs to improve. Interesting thoughts.

You can`t compare him with Modric, because they are simply different types of players. Modric is a world class deep lying playmaker who is used to play with more offensive midfielders in front of him and Rakitic is a classic attacking midfielder, who can also play in central midfield and less good in defensive midfield position. His role yesterday was to roam in the hole between opponents midfield and defence, not to dictate tempo like Modric did.

dakt

So in your opinion he is better than Fabregas, who is a world class player and you think he still needs to improve. Interesting thoughts.

How many world class players left Barca?
Oh, yes...he is here to improve and these are not just mine words, but his as well. Otherwise we'll see him more often being replaced with Xavi.

You can`t compare him with Modric, because they are simply different types of players. Modric is a world class deep lying playmaker who is used to play with more offensive midfielders in front of him and Rakitic is a classic attacking midfielder, who can also play in central midfield and less good in defensive midfield position. His role yesterday was to roam in the hole between opponents midfield and defence, not to dictate tempo like Modric did.

Yes, I can compare him with Modric since they are both obliged to make clever passes. Modric did couple of great dribbles scored and assisted, Raketa was clumsy and his every try ended with the loss of possession plus missed one great chance to score.
He needs to improve.

Home of Barca Fans