Ivan Rakitić

Devils

I have never seen a 32 year old athlete as slow and slugglish as this cat. At times, it literally looks like he is moving is slow motion while the rest of players on the pitch are in normal motion on the screen.

4th and 5th division footballers in their 40s move faster than this guy.

This guy was done at top European level two years ago. Now he's just finished at European level altogether...yet he is STILL HERE.

xXKonan

He was slow at everything today.

I mean he was always a step behind trying to defend, step behind moving the ball and a step behind in moving into positions a step behind at everything along with struggling dealing with the press. Rakitic was never perfect but man the difference between him from 2014/15 and 15/16 and now is a night and day difference.

I feel like he's even too slow now for a team like Sevilla. Just doesn't have the legs nor thinks fast enough anymore to be as useful over here and even over at Sevilla.

khaled_a_d

Started well, provided assist and nice shot and made it simple. Then after around 30 minutes or so but was downhill from there.

bismp

If we only count 16/17 onwards and if we take into consideration the HUGE amount of minutes he has played and he has robbed from other better players,I genuinely think he is the worst player in modern Barca history

JamDav1982

They need to tell him if he stays he wont play next season even if that means risking taking the hit on wages.

More of the ruthless Arthur approach with players needed.

serghei

They need to tell him if he stays he wont play next season even if that means risking taking the hit on wages.

They don't do that with veterans who are friends with other powerful figures in the locker room. Only with newcomers.

FinBarcelonafan

Send him to Sevilla already because we are losing if he starts vs Bayern or City. You can quote on this later. This guy can't start!!!!
Maybe as a sub for 20min. That's max.

Raketa10

If we only count 16/17 onwards and if we take into consideration the HUGE amount of minutes he has played and he has robbed from other better players,I genuinely think he is the worst player in modern Barca history

What a dumb statement. :facepalm: Yes he was awful yesterday and yes he is nowhere near Barca level anymore but overreaction here is unbelievable. He is one of the best buys in recent Barca history. We got him for 18 mil and he was fantastic in his first season and very good in the next two. After the world cup in 2018 he has declined dramatically.

Send him to Sevilla already because we are losing if he starts vs Bayern or City. You can quote on this later. This guy can't start!!!!
Maybe as a sub for 20min. That's max.

I would rather give those 20 minutes to Puig or Pedri than to 32.5 year old player. He should be sold this summer even if he goes for free. He is simply not good enough anymore. Just let him go to Sevilla and forget about those 10 mil.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is not near Barcelona level anymore if we aspire for a midfield that's great again. I wouldn't say he's one of the best signings of all-time. He had two great season. In Lucho's last season he tried to move on from, but was handed an even worse player as his replacement.

khaled_a_d

Arthur had a solid offer for him and for the club. There was a way out and we pushed it for him.
We need that for Rakitic, we can't push him to terminate contract for example.

Monchu just said it is difficult:

Monchi (sporting director Sevilla): "The return of Rakitić? It's a very difficult operation, if not impossible. I'm talking about the financial aspect of the deal, but of course we would love to have him here." [as]

If we are willing to let him go for free, we should push him to agree a deal with Seville.
Otherwise, you can't push him out when we don't have a deal that is good for both sides.

xXKonan

The most ruthless thing we could probably do is flat out not register him for either the League and CL.

Not sure if they are willing to go that far though.

FinBarcelonafan

Arthur had a solid offer for him and for the club. There was a way out and we pushed it for him.
We need that for Rakitic, we can't push him to terminate contract for example.

Monchu just said it is difficult:

If we are willing to let him go for free, we should push him to agree a deal with Seville.
Otherwise, you can't push him out when we don't have a deal that is good for both sides.

We should let him go for free. He is on huge wages, no one else is willing to pay anything and he only wants to go Sevilla..

Done deal for me.

Home of Barca Fans