Ivan Rakitić

raskolnikov

Our wages are so high no player wants to leave. They are complacent and comfortable living the good life in Barcelona. Why would they want to leave?

Thats why we cant get normak transfer fees or lower the wage bill.
And it results in having an older overpaid squad that puts us on the path to milan 2.0

JamDav1982

Our wages are so high no player wants to leave. They are complacent and comfortable living the good life in Barcelona. Why would they want to leave?

Thats why we cant get normak transfer fees or lower the wage bill.
And it results in having an older overpaid squad that puts us on the path to milan 2.0

Not all about wages and quite a few could earn more elsewhere.

Likes of Arthur is on relatively low wages and doesnt want to leave.

Vidal it was reported wanted to leave in January while other older players on too much for what showing now probably have not even thought about leaving.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/rakitic-says-stay-barcelona-next-135051502.html

Rakitic has no intention of moving on just yet though, as he told Croatian publication Tportal: "I spoke to the club ten or 15 days ago and the conclusion is that I have nothing to talk about because I have a contract until the summer of 2021 with Barcelona and it is the entity I want to be in and play with.

"Furthermore, my wife and my daughters are good in the city. There is no reason to think about other things. I am training well and I am sure that Rakitic will be in Barcelona longer."

"It is not nice when you do not play, especially when you do not understand why and they do not explain the reasons," said Rakitic. "But I respect the coach's decisions. I am in a team sport, not individual."

giphy.gif

KingLeo10

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/rakitic-says-stay-barcelona-next-135051502.html

Rakitic has no intention of moving on just yet though, as he told Croatian publication Tportal: "I spoke to the club ten or 15 days ago and the conclusion is that I have nothing to talk about because I have a contract until the summer of 2021 with Barcelona and it is the entity I want to be in and play with.

"Furthermore, my wife and my daughters are good in the city. There is no reason to think about other things. I am training well and I am sure that Rakitic will be in Barcelona longer."

"It is not nice when you do not play, especially when you do not understand why and they do not explain the reasons," said Rakitic. "But I respect the coach's decisions. I am in a team sport, not individual."

giphy.gif

Arguably the most toxic clown that has stepped foot in our locker room in the last 15 years.

He's hell bent on removing any remaining vestige of good will from his 14-15 season.

DonAK

I loved the part of him being a team player and not an individual when he's been mouthing off to the press for complaining about his game time the last year.

The worst being his little mini-documentary with Movistar+ where he said they(EV, Barca) took the ball away from him.

He's either delusional or he just doesn't want to leave because of his salary and because he lives and plays for Barcelona, in that case he's not motivated by football anymore and just want to chill.

DonAK

Good for him, club has only themselves to blame.

At least they didn't extend and improve his contract which Bartomeu promised him in 2018/19 :lol:

We would have been stuck with this guy until 2022, 2023 in that case.

That said, fuck him for being a bitch about it. If he want to stay then stay, but don't complain to the press about your playing time every third month. He should know why he isn't playing as much as he did.

If they put him on the bench for most of the season, or out of the squad in the stands he has no right to complain about it if the club have told him they want to move on.

xXKonan

There have been criticisms of his flaws since he got here but I think one of the biggest reasons a lot of people started to sour on him is probably due to his interviews.

It all started when Lucho started to bench him early on in the 16/17 season in favor of changing things up with Gomes. Lucho obviously was also trying to be careful in not burning out Iniesta but sadly he suffered that knee Injury vs Valencia and Gomes not performing as well as we had hoped opened the door to Rakitic again. During that time he was on the bench he was leaking stuff to MD/Sport in hopes of trying to get Lucho to play him again as a starter.

Safe to say his ego was inflated after the treble and double seasons in 14/15 15/16 and he still thinks even at his age he should be playing all the time. I mean if he stays he stays but he shouldn't be complaining if he ends up riding the bench with other options ahead of him. He can still be a rotational player but at his age and contract status there's really no reason to invest anymore into him other than a part time role.

Home of Barca Fans