Ivan Rakitić

FCBfan22

How many midfielders do you know that could make a pass like this?
D6FbjmiWsAATf0-

You need elite IQ and insane vision to make passes like that under pressure.

And only Rakitic has that ability in this barca team :cool:

Well, the referee was there to intercept that pass to Messi or Busi, so he did the right thing and passed backwards to Alba.

:benitez:

Lapi

Do you have reading problems?
When have I said a shit like that?

No, I have no reading problems. Generally speaking it seems you have some writing problems, but that's not the topic here.

I have said:
= when a player plays in an inferior league like Portugal, Brasil, Netherlands, Croatia etc, you can't judge whether he looks awesome in THAT league:
1) because he is REALLY a world class
2) or because a league is shit

Perhaps YOU cannot judge someone playing in a slightly weaker league but professional scouts, coaches, people being close to the game for decades can.
Obviously there's no guarantee for anything, but an outstanding talent is just an outstanding one everywhere.

In numbers:..............

These are your own, homemade numbers, imaginary constants.
That's why I dared to mention you are a dreamer-fantast essentially.

But he was another example of a player with skills GOOD ENOUGH to dominate in a weak league, but not good enough skills to perform against top level opponents.

Bad example because talents are just simply talents - specially if young - thus their task is NOT to DOMINATE as such.
Many great talents will only become extraordinary when they try their fortune in the strongest leagues, because they can play with equally talented partners.

Someone said that ALL of our youngsters have regressed under Valverde.
And I said: regressed compared to what?

Compared to what their 'talent status' was before joining.
Dembele became inconsistent and seemingly doesn't give a shit for the coach, which is clearly a step backwards. Not necessarily the player's own mistake only, an outstanding coach always finds the proper solutions for the player's development and not a temporary decline.

Arthur started quite well, later he had different injuries, played with injuries, so it doesn't really count.

Semedo was much more confident when arrived. Lost that and it's the fault of the coaching - once again.

Malcom is just an average talent, despite he could have played a bit more. Not because of his high talent but because he is still a better winger compared to Roberto...

Now, let's go back to numbers:
1. if Dembele played well in France, where the quality of opponents is 65.

Please don't go back to your own imaginary numbers. They only matter in your own agenda.

Sorry to be personal, but how old are you?
I would say that between 15 and late 20s, right?

I don't mind a personal question, but you asked 3 times about my age. I will be 57 in December. Good you didn't bet on my age...

You need to be a hard worker, and Dembele is the laziest and the most unprofessional member of our team.

How do you know about Dembele's lack of professionalism?
Because the press loved to pick him for months? Because Piquet said stuff like that? Are these proven facts?

You need to stay injury free. Which sadly, Dembele can't.

I think all players try to be injury-free. Injuries are unfortunate occurrences, not self-inflicted suicide attempts.

You need to have a profile which fits perfectly to our team. Dembele is one of the weirdest fits for our style ever.

Dembele's profile is a rare hope for this rapidly ageing and extremely slow team.

If you have, and you are still having a blind fate in Dembele, Malcom, Semedo, Arthur, my apologies.

I don't have a "blind faith" in any of them. They are quite talented, that's all. Even on Barcelona level they are talented, with the exception of Malcom.

There is one single player who developed a lot under Valverde's two long years.
That is Ter Stegen, but unfortunately he is trained by a different coach...

BBZ8800

Lapi, your football ideas, writing style, quotting me in every post, love towards technical players, a way of debating, three dots used too often at the end of a text are reminding me of a former user MessiCam.

If you are MessiCam, I won't reply.
If you are someone else, we can talk. My apologies if you are not him, but...

Some of posts which remind me of you:
Confucius say; Man who jump from cliff, jump to conclusion...
I will say it again seeing as though it has become a thing.

Given a proper run, he will bench Rakitic. And it won’t even take that long. A few months... Max.

Nice. You single out a dead rubber game in which fringe players and those returning from injury played.

They’re not. They very rarely build and score through the middle... They counter great but so do we when we actually field the correct players. But their game is built on crosses. Many of them... Look at all Ronaldo’s goals in the Champions League last year.

As an example they attempted 29 crosses against Espanyol. 29! Against PSG (2nd) 20, against Getafe - 24, against Alaves 22, PSG (1st) - 23, Levante - 21. They average 25 crosses per game... To put into perspective only Eibar cross the ball more.

Regarding the bus... Teams very seldom park buses against Madrid.

City are winning the league at a canter... The same league we are constantly reminded of being so physical, that would expose a passing game and they're doing it with the type of players and style of football we were once the bastion of. They're alive in the Champions League too.

And I didn't say Real are similar to us... They play with extremely technically gifted players in midfield like Modric, Kroos, Isco, Kovacic, Ceballos, Asensio and Vasquez. The obvious exception is Casemiro who is a destroyer. I dare you to name one physical player from their midfield up other than Casemiro...

And I wouldn't exactly call Madrid versatile... They're awfully one dimensional. Their game is so focused on crosses into the box that when it doesn't work they go into panic mode and flood the pitch with forwards in the hope of individual quality bringing them a result. It's been exposed numerous times this season already.

And then, "a new user Lapi":
You see, just a typical example of your "analytic" reflections.
Somebody tells you about outstanding players and coaches the Netherlands produced, then you start talking about TITLES... not even giving a damn shit about what someone mentioned to you in a conversation.

Why because the only path for you is redundantly speaking about your own agenda... and that's all.

Later (in a relatively brief post) you start your own argument with yourself about Valverde, who wasn't even mentioned in the post you answered to.
In your mere 4 sentences related to EV, there are 3 that are DIRECTLY and diametrically opposed to your own statements in sentence 1&2.

Perhaps one day you will understand why the majority here is considering your posts as laughable...

Last edited:

Lapi

If you are MessiCam, I won't reply.
If you are someone else, we can talk. My apologies if you are not him, but...

Sorry, I'm not MessiCam. I don't really remember him either, although for two years or so I've been regularly browsing post here. (Just too many folks with "Messi" in their usernames).
To put it short: I'm myself.

Just because I almost never post here, perhaps you are curious why I have started doing that recently and 'picked' some of your posts. I can tell you that:
I've almost always read your lengthy posts and observed that your messages are a unique phenomenon in this forum. Why?
- Because your posts have a unmistakable style and content
- Because you rarely or never answer to those who challenge your thoughts
- Because, apart from a very few, or the newer users, others don't really answer your posts either
- Because you are one of the rare users here who at least try to analyze things, and I like that
- Because apart from the analytic intention, you seem to do it a special way
- Because your 'task' here looks like as of a Don Quijte, who constantly fights against the windmills

Having said that, you are unique in this forum, where exchanges of meaningful thoughts rarely happen.
So, you don't pay too much attention to others, they don't pay too much attention to your opinion and data, still you have a sort of 'urge' to come up with those articles of yours, which I actually admire, just mostly don't agree with the contents.

Your particular uniqueness and often peculiar style made me answer a few times, but unlike you, I'm not an avid writer or poster, neither here or elsewhere. I mostly only listen.
You may also take it as a simple curiosity, I was curious how you react - if at all - and was also curious about your reactions if your posts - filled with antagonisms and biased emotions - could actually be a pragmatic 'platform' to start any intellectual kind of discussion, that is unfortunately rare in the forum.

JedBanker

If Valverde is staying no way is his favorite player leaving. We will probably spend a good portion of next season watching FDJ on the bench while Valverde ploughs ahead with a rakitic busi vidal mid with FDJ and Athur just being used as rotational players.

Home of Barca Fans