Ivan Rakitić

Arizona Scott

You guys bang on stats when many times they are used to take out the bias. They an be useful tools with limitations, but I say more useful than a fan who just harps on mistakes in areas he is atunned to and iis oblivious to just as many key saving plays that snuff out dangers.

YodaMaster

What a pathetic player omg... :lol:

Today he's playing in a true CM position, which hasn't happen for a long time. And he's getting completely exposed. He's only getting worse and worse as time goes by.
Zero contribution, offensively, defensively or in build-ups.

Did y'all notice how useless that guy is when the team tries to build from the back ? Arthur and Busquets are doing all the job and Rakitic completely ignores that part of the game. Judging by his behaviour in those scenarios, you'd think he's a striker.

When he receives the ball in opponent's last third, it's an absolute nightmare. When he's pressed, it looks like he closes his eyes and hopes for the best.
Dude clearly doesn't know what the fuck he has to do when he's in tight spaces, so we'll not even speak about the execution.

Not nearly good enough to be a Barça starter. The funny thing is that the other 2 mids (Arthur and Busquets) don't look like world beaters at all, yet Rakitic managed to look like a complete clown and amateur in that midfield.

Last edited:

Zidane82

What a pathetic player omg... :lol:

Today he's playing in a true CM position, which hasn't happen for a long time. And he's getting completely exposed. He's only getting worse and worse as time goes by.
Zero contribution, offensively, defensively or in build-ups.

Did y'all notice how useless that guy is when the team tries to build from the back ? Arthur and Busquets are doing all the job and Rakitic completely ignores that part of the game. Judging by his behaviour in those scenarios, you'd think he's a striker.

When he receives the ball in opponent's last third, it's an absolute nightmare. When he's pressed, it looks like he closes his eyes and hopes for the best.
Dude clearly doesn't know what the fuck he has to do when he's in tight spaces, so we'll not even speak about the execution.

Not nearly good enough to be a Barça starter. The funny thing is that the other 2 mids (Arthur and Busquets) don't look like world beaters at all, yet Rakitic managed to look like a complete clown and amateur in that midfield.

Half of this forum think he's one of the best players in world football ..

SeloBarca

There SHOULD be room to accomodate Dembele, Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Arthur and Busquetes.
But right now, Rakitic is holding the team hostage and Valverde has no balls.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There SHOULD be room to accomodate Dembele, Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Arthur and Busquetes.
But right now, Rakitic is holding the team hostage and Valverde has no balls.

Busquets can sit his ass on the bench too. He's as good as finished when pressured. Also annoying to see him press like an absolute idiot leaving a huge gap in the midfield.

You'd think a player that's touted for his tactical intelligence would know better than go rogue on his defensive duties.

SeloBarca

Busquets can sit his ass on the bench too. He's as good as finished when pressured. Also annoying to see him press like an absolute idiot leaving a huge gap in the midfield.

You'd think a player that's touted for his tactical intelligence would know better than go rogue on his defensive duties.

Busquetes is not consistant anymore, true. But at his best noone comes close in the DM role.
Wouldnt mind seeing De Jong phasing him out soon though.

EV has benched 150m Dembele and Coutinho many games now.

you think he's affraid to bench Raktic?

Raktic not benched because he and EV licks each other.

BusiTheKing

He's finished as a CM. Basically stopped trying today. I guess his intelligence and passing range could be still useful as a DM where he can receive the ball in loads of space already facing goal.

Then again, we already have a slow, defensively challenged DM and he's twice as intelligent as Rakitic.

DonAK

[tw]1082999984344186881[/tw]

Deep Progressions – Passes, dribbles and carries into the opposition final third per 90 minutes.

Rakitić 7th. Interesting stat.

Interesting to see that Thiago whom all of you said was inferior to Rakitic and Barca shouldn't even spend 50m on is the second player on that list.

So will you and everyone else now concede that Thiago is a much better midfielder than Rakitic? Also the younger player.... :blondemessi:

I checked and Thiago also has better or comparable defensive stats :tata:

DonAK

Also Adrien Rabiot nowhere to be seen on that list. And he's played 1000+ minutes in Ligue 1 so more than the minimum requirement of 900+ minutes.

Basically a downgrade on Rakitic smh if just go by stats.

Joan

Also Adrien Rabiot nowhere to be seen on that list. And he's played 1000+ minutes in Ligue 1 so more than the minimum requirement of 900+ minutes.

Basically a downgrade on Rakitic smh if just go by stats.

Check again. :lol:

Joan

Can I delete my posts BBZ style or is too late? :shrug:

You didn't respond to the Thiago comment though :coffee:

I don't mind. :shrug:

Oh, true. I don't think Thiago's a bad player. Not that this stats are surprising. I could do a BBZ now... :blondemessi:

Gnidrologist

It's clear that his shit playing has nothing to do with form or fatigue anymore. He is just old has been and doesn't give a fuck about his performance, because he has a deal that guarantees him comfortable spot and no need to put in any effort for that. Oh and, one of those who is also like "Valverde does tremendous job".:

YodaMaster

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

Have you watched the match against Eibar ? Rakitic played CM until Busquets exit. What did you think about his defensive contribution ? Lol. It was pathetic.

Remember when I told you that there is no point in comparing his defensive stats with those of Arthur because Rakitic plays DM while Arthur is a CM ?

Well against Eibar Rakitic played one hour as a CM, go watch that hour then come here and tell me if you still think that this guy is a workhorse or a great defensive contributor.

I know you're in love with stats. (Btw I'd advise you to become a professionnal statistician in life, it seems to be your passion).

Wanna know how many tackles and interceptions Rakitic had during that hour as a CM ? 0 and 0 ! He got one or two interception after Busquets went out.

Vidal (who I always said is a real workhorse) had 2 tackles and 1 interception in 25 minutes.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans