Ivan Rakitić

EdmondDantes

And we're here again.

Rakitic, after a week's rest he managed to be the worst Barcelona player on the field. A classic Rakit performance this season, plays like complete garbage and then sneaks in a goal.

I'm still fuming with the way he gave away that goal. He knew he miscontrolled the ball and yet he still thought it fit to be selfish and try and keep hold off it only to obviously give it away and they go and score.

There's few things I hate more in football than players who are woefully out of form (and in Rakitic's case, it's been months now) and yet they still have a seemingly God-given right to start and play every minute in the manager's eyes.

Awful in possession tonight, just awful. The complete opposite of his performances last season - it's almost as if he's an impostor or something. I've never seen such a sudden drop off in quality and form on a player.

xXKonan

He needs to sit on the bench not only to rest but also due to his form as well. He hasn't done anything to warrant a starting CM spot this season despite him scoring a couple of bangers.

Arthur who's only 22 years old coming from Brazil with no experience in Europe is making Rakitic look rather pathetic considering the guy has been our Starting CM since the 2014/15 season.

El Trencaxarxes

Why does that idiot Valverde keep playing Rakitic. Out of form and dead man walking. It's laughable... almost.

Who would you suggest playing instead? Vidal? Rafinha? Roberto? I think all three are significantly worse options than Rakitić at the moment. Vidal just really isn't what he used to be.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Even if Vidal may not be the same guy as he once was he isn't really any worse than this Rakitic who looks like he could drop dead due to exhaustion.

EdmondDantes

What can we do to get the Rakitic of last season?

I was rooting for Croatia to win the World Cup, I was happy they went all the way to the final thinking it would elevate Raki's game even more for the upcoming season but it seems it has had the very opposite effect.

It's more than just fatigue, it's almost as if he's depressed with nothing to play for any more. Every average Joe is just walking past him on the pitch like he's not there.

Now I also hear Modric has been appalling so far this season as well. The World Cup run might have broken them. And Rakitic is only 30 and not 33 like Modric.

It's strange.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

I was rooting for Croatia to win the World Cup, I was happy they went all the way to the final thinking it would elevate Raki's game even more for the upcoming season but it seems it has had the very opposite effect.

It's more than just fatigue, it's almost as if he's depressed with nothing to play for any more. Every average Joe is just walking past him on the pitch like he's not there.

Now I also hear Modric has been appalling so far this season as well. The World Cup run might have broken them. And Rakitic is only 30 and not 33 like Modric.

It's strange.

Don't think so. Man's been playing non-stop since his new diet. Could very well probably be just fatigue.

EdmondDantes

But why is Valverde still playing him non stop if he sucks so much? Doesn't the manager see the players in training and know everything?

That's what's making me furious. I don't blame Rakitic, it's not as if the manager tells you: "Hey, you're starting again!" and you're gonna say "actually, no boss, not this time, I'm out of form".

Valverde has made Rakitic too comfortable. He should play Vidal over him for a month and then challenge Rakitic to win his shirt back by playing well since he's probably forgotten what competing for a place in the starting 11 even means these days.

soul24rage

It's strange.

I think he's more suited as a double pivot like last season than one of the interiors of a 4-3-3.

Home of Barca Fans