Ivan Rakitić

Sorin

Really, really poor. He does well when he's not asked to create and can pass to Messi but when we need some type of creativity from him, he's awful.

Devils

I'm just watching him in the middle dribbling with the ball and there are quite open passing lanes to makes through balls for the forwards yet Rakitic side passes it to the fullbacks EVERY TIME.

I'm not sure if he's being told to do this or if he doesn't have the balls to attempt those through balls.

It's agonizing to watch.

Disaster today.

xXKonan

I'm just watching him in the middle dribbling with the ball and there are quite open passing lanes to makes through balls for the forwards yet Rakitic side passes it to the fullbacks EVERY TIME.

I'm not sure if he's being told to do this or if he doesn't have the balls to attempt those through balls.

It's agonizing to watch.

Disaster today.
If he doesn't have a decent amount of space he won't attempt those through balls.

He's not someone you would base your hopes on for any creative grit in that scenario. When people talk about his limitations this is one of them. He seems afraid of trying anything risky in that regard unless the conditions are right.

He's done us good and has had a good season in a more secluded role next to Busi, but he thrives in that role because he isn't tasked with the creative burdening. He's simply not that player.

YodaMaster

We need to sell this fraud already. A midfielder is supposed to create things, especially in Barcelona. This guy won't create shit as soon as there is any kind of pressure from the opponent. Mr. NoRiskPasses.

It's time to bring on real creative world class midfielders. There are plenty of them. Verratti, Thiago, Pjanic, Gundogan, Jorginho. They're all far better than Rakifraud and any of these 5 will be great for us.

It's time to play some real Barcelona style football again !

FCBfan22

We need to sell this fraud already. A midfielder is supposed to create things, especially in Barcelona. This guy won't create shit as soon as there is any kind of pressure from the opponent. Mr. NoRiskPasses.

It's time to bring on real creative world class midfielders. There are plenty of them. Verratti, Thiago, Pjanic, Gundogan, Jorginho. They're all far better than Rakifraud and any of these 5 will be great for us.

It's time to play some real Barcelona style football again !

I partly agree. I don't think we should sell him, but he should only play as a CDM from now on, because he is really great as one, but pretty rubbish as a RCM.

EdmondDantes

Raki's worst game of the season by a mile.

I was meant to praise him for the wonderful season he's had and how he had surprised me again a very underwhelming last term with Luis Enrique, one that lead me to believe he'd only be worthy of a back up role this season but he managed to improve tremendously under EV but tonight he was a statue off the ball and clueless on it all game long. It didn't help that Busquets wasn't much better either.

Devils

Rakitic and Suarez are two players we desperately need to move on from.

You can really upgrade big on these two guys at the moment.

xXKonan

The thing that's quite obvious now in a 4-3-3 is his Mobility is not all that good anymore.

He was never the fastest guy but honestly that's one area that he declined since we got him in the 2014. His main job especially in the second half of the 2014/15 season was to cover a lot of ground for Alves and Messi and he did it well and contributed to some goals here and there.

I guess the last several seasons of him having to cover a lot of ground in the 4-3-3 and even playing for Croatia has finally caught up with him. He's 30 but he isn't quite 32-33 where it's expected for him to decline even further.

For awhile now we needed to do something about this Midfield as it's getting old and just slow as well and it lacks creativity. People are uncertain about Coutinho being an LCM but I would rather have him there Paired up with another Midfielder (Arthur?/Erickson?) along with Busi. Just need some fresh legs and creativity.

Home of Barca Fans