Ivan Rakitić

kilian

It's not the same. Modric's skills were brilliant in Tottenham, one could already see back then that he's world class.
On the other hands, Rakitic just lacks that brilliant ball control and calmness in possession.

Rakitic was brilliant last year for Sevilla. He isn`t a deep lying playmaker like Modric and never will be. Let him fully integrate into the team and then we`ll see can he play at top level or not. This criticism after 3 months with his new team is ridiculous.

Kasperroed

Why don't we try Rackitic in a Fabregas-like-role (in Chelsea). A more defensive role next to Busquets when defending and a more offensive role when attacking?

Then we could play Iniesta in the number-10 role.

Bravo
Alves - Mascherano - Mathieu - Alba
Rackitic - Busquets
Suarez - Iniesta - Neymar
Messi

4-4-2 when defending with Neymar and either of Iniesta or Suarez tracking back.

Butaan4barca

Why don't we try Rackitic in a Fabregas-like-role (in Chelsea). A more defensive role next to Busquets when defending and a more offensive role when attacking?

Then we could play Iniesta in the number-10 role.

Bravo
Alves - Mascherano - Mathieu - Alba
Rackitic - Busquets
Suarez - Iniesta - Neymar
Messi

4-4-2 when defending with Neymar and either of Iniesta or Suarez tracking back.

well actually thats exactly how he plays here, like a genuine CM.

And he is gem of a player, i wasn't this sure when we signed him, but his statistics were glowing then and now that i have seen him play. i think the people who think he would be anything less than what modric is, they are deluded by starism.
We have surely got one hell of a player. #ourfuturelegend

dakt

well actually thats exactly how he plays here, like a genuine CM.

And he is gem of a player, i wasn't this sure when we signed him, but his statistics were glowing then and now that i have seen him play. i think the people who think he would be anything less than what modric is, they are deluded by starism.
We have surely got one hell of a player. #ourfuturelegend

While his work ethic is high, I don't see him making greater impact against stronger teams. We'll see how things will go this season.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
While his work ethic is high, I don't see him making greater impact against stronger teams. We'll see how things will go this season.

Of the big teams we've played, Rakitic only started against PSG though. So how can you say that.

dakt

Of the big teams we've played, Rakitic only started against PSG though. So how can you say that.

Because he reacts slow or slow-er and doesn't make quite good choices. Especially when there's place to send the ball forward. We'll see how he'll do against PSG again.

kilian

Because he reacts slow or slow-er and doesn't make quite good choices. Especially when there's place to send the ball forward. We'll see how he'll do against PSG again.

He reacts slow because he has new teammates and plays in a new system, so he doesn`t know every movement etc. Give him time and a proper role and I think he`ll do just fine. He`ll never be Xavi at his prime, but he is one of the top midfielders in La Liga.

Barcilliant

He is a very good player but we need to start a settled 11. Lucho needs a clear idea of how he wants to play and who his starting 11 are.

Remember when Pep started rotating in his last season 11-12? We didn't look so good then-either. Yes, we were much better but nowhere near as good as the previous season.

Formations change during the match and are overrated imo.

Starting 11 should be-

Ter Stegen

Montoya Batra Mathieu Alba

Mascherano Busquets

Rakitic Rafina/Iniesta

Messi

Suarez Neymar

He reacts slow because he has new teammates and plays in a new system, so he doesn`t know every movement etc. Give him time and a proper role and I think he`ll do just fine. He`ll never be Xavi at his prime, but he is one of the top midfielders in La Liga.

Excuses , excuses, he doesnt impress, he was flat out bad against PSG. He´s is not slow because of his team mates, he is slow becuase he is slow. He has played good in a couple of games against lesser opponents but really nothing to lean on when we meat greater opponents. One reaseon Xavi started is surely that he was so bad against PSG.

dakt

My only response is:

yahudi

Kinda funny how everybody was dickriding Rakitic and shitting on Fabregas when Barca won games. Now every second guy shits on Ivan.

Home of Barca Fans