Ivan Fresneda

Messi983

He's their third RB after Amorim has transformed Geny Catamo from a winger to a RB and he took starting position away from a previous Amorim's favorite Ricardo Esgaio.

Tbf I think they are just giving Fresneda time to adapt and develop. Will surely play more next season.

khaled_a_d

Fresneda was always too green for first team football, even for Rayo itvwas clear they use him out of necessity rather than outstanding ability.

He has the tools to be very good (not elite) starting RB in big club but he was years away.
Barca actually offered him a B team chance iirc in order to register him while alternating his playing time between both B and first teams.

If Geny Catamo is indeed their starting RB now (he is 23) then I expect Fresneda to get the loan route to another relegation battle team in Liga.

There is a reason many bug clubs were interested in him but no one made the deal. He was a guy to follow but not a guy to commit part of your first team transfer budget on.

Porque

In the end it probably worked out well for us considering we have Fort. Then at U17 we have Farre (who tbh I haven't really seen IT with) while we are also tracking the Levante Buba kid.

In one way Deco should have probably done his homework at LaMasia before [reportedly] butting heads with Herb over Fresneda vs Cancelo.

For Fresneda himself. Definitely expected him to play more. But adaptions take time. It's the story as old as time of young players taking a season to acclimatize, fans writing them off, and then hanging off their nutjacks a year later.

Btw has the old Barca B LB they signed last season made any inroads at Sporting? I didn't rate him that highly, but I did like what I saw. Name escapes me. Begins with M. Marsa?

khaled_a_d

In one way Deco should have probably done his homework at LaMasia before [reportedly] butting heads with Herb over Fresneda vs Cancelo.

There is always someone in La Masia who could become the next thing in his position tbh.
Fort was no where near ready before the season tbh, he has improved tremendously under Marquez

Messi983

Btw has the old Barca B LB they signed last season made any inroads at Sporting? I didn't rate him that highly, but I did like what I saw. Name escapes me. Begins with M. Marsa?

Jose Marsa. Had a few appearances but never really made a breakthrough at Sporting so he has joined Andorra on a free last summer, before that spent second half of last season on loan at Gijon.

Home of Barca Fans