Isco

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Players like him and modric deserve more recognition , but these days only strikers seem to be in the spotlight

Alik

This guy is amazing, even if RM lost he was pulling all the strings in midfield. His dribbling/flair is something special, he does it with such an ease and it comes so naturally unlike most players. Even Nerman isn't as naturally gifted of a trickster as this guy is.

So sad he's not at Barca :(

Alik

Even worse is not valuing defenders and goalkeepers like Godin and Neuer

I think goalkeepers get a fair amount of recognition these days. De Gea, Courtois, Neuer are all appreciated. I'm guessing Godin is underrated because he doesn't play in the BPL and people still don't appreciate Atletico outside Spain.

Cule4life

The Culest
I think goalkeepers get a fair amount of recognition these days. De Gea, Courtois, Neuer are all appreciated. I'm guessing Godin is underrated because he doesn't play in the BPL and people still don't appreciate Atletico outside Spain.

Ronaldo will win the ballon dor and will have 100x more articles about him than Neuer....

WallBreaker

Players like him and modric deserve more recognition , but these days only strikers seem to be in the spotlight

A better way to put it in my opinion, is that the majority of people don't really have a good grasp/understanding of football.

The forwards such as Maradona, Pele, Messi, Henry, Ronaldo, C. Ronaldo, Zidane, you name it have always gotten the recognition, but it's easy to look at a youtube highlight reel and "close-in" your way of thinking based on just that.

In reality every player matters.

Looking at players score goals is easy, what's more complicated is analyzing and understanding the context of every situation.

The case of Isco is a good example because in the media, many outlets have termed his recent evolution as a player as quite note worthy (and it should be noted as good work from Isco and Carlo) but...

Isco is nearly 5 feet 10, and he has good velocity, agility, and ability, it was a matter of work ethic, understanding of the game, and good team work/ team schematics.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

N
A better way to put it in my opinion, is that the majority of people don't really have a good grasp/understanding of football.

The forwards such as Maradona, Pele, Messi, Henry, Ronaldo, C. Ronaldo, Zidane, you name it have always gotten the recognition, but it's easy to look at a youtube highlight reel and "close-in" your way of thinking based on just that.

In reality every player matters.

Looking at players score goals is easy, what's more complicated is analyzing and understanding the context of every situation.

The case of Isco is a good example because in the media, many outlets have termed his recent evolution as a player as quite note worthy (and it should be noted as good work from Isco and Carlo) but...

Isco is nearly 5 feet 10, and he has good velocity, agility, and ability, it was a matter of work ethic, understanding of the game, and good team work/ team schematics.

Yes and no.

You canbakery's find passers but there are few finishers in the world

Home of Barca Fans