Isco

JamDav1982

Casillas
Carvajal/Arbeloa-Pepe/Varane-Ramos-Marcelo
Alonso-Illarramendi-Modric
Di Maria/Ozil-Isco-Ronaldo

Isco false 9 :party1:

That squad looks to me like half full of players that like to play possesion football and half like to play counter attacks.

Cant see the likes of illaramendi launching the counter attacks that Ronaldo thrives on the way Alonso does and replacing the likes of Di Maria with Isco will also mean less pace and movement on the counter.

Intersting to see how they go next season but looks to me like changing away from a team built to service Ronaldo.

footyfan

Calma, calma
That squad looks to me like half full of players that like to play possesion football and half like to play counter attacks.

Cant see the likes of illaramendi launching the counter attacks that Ronaldo thrives on the way Alonso does and replacing the likes of Di Maria with Isco will also mean less pace and movement on the counter.

Intersting to see how they go next season but looks to me like changing away from a team built to service Ronaldo.

It's just a variation that is possible with all the talent Madrid have at their disposal.

In that lineup, Di Maria is not replaced by Isco, Isco is the false 9. The main intention is to change from the counter-attacking team of Mourinho and reduce dependence of Ronaldo like you mentioned. Ronaldo is a great player who can thrive in possession teams too but ultimately he will be sold by Real in the next couple of seasons and replaced by Bale probably.

Imagine if Suarez comes this transfer window too :wub:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

To me Illa should play instead of Khedira because Khedira has the license to bomb forward but is actually pretty poor with the distribution and final ball. Illa is a better dribbler and could do more. Xabi will control when he can, but when he is marked, the distribution license goes to Illa, making Xabi the bait.

footyfan

Calma, calma
D'Isco, Iniesta 2.0

Having watched the video again, I take that statement back. His skills are just so varied and beautiful to watch. A mix of Iniesta, Ronaldinho and Neymar.

On another note, he played quite well today vs Bournemoth. Was in sort of a more central Iniesta position, with Ronaldo Benzema and Ozil in front. I really think Modric will be a first team starter this season under Ancelotti.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Wow he is some talent. I get a slight sensation we are sinking beneath Madrid in terms of depth and talent. idk. this was the season to really reinforce the team and only we've done is get Neymar, lose thiago and not buy a cb. And now we lost Tito. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but I just feel we need to wrap this team up preseason is starting and we're in shambles. Week away and this is whqt we got:

-No trainer/coach
-No CB to make up for the complacent Pique, weary Puyol, and great but still makeshift Mascherano.
-No true replacement for Xavi, thiago left and cesc is vinculated to manchester, and the uncertainty of whether he can perform in our midfield is still present. Oh, and thiago left who was our shining hope did I mention that?

Is not as bad as it seems and we'll be fine most likely, but its just been a hectic bitch of a summer and not what I expected at all. Don't know why I wrote this here but whatever.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Just seeint isco and the madrid squad, damn they look great for next season. I just feel a sense of incompleteness, I never felt that when we had abi puyol pique functioning, xavi bossing and pedro and villa on top of their game. I feel it now with our team.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Rosell will have to make a significant addition to the squad still...Losing Abidal, Villa & Thiago takes away depth, experience and talent...Adding Neymar might make up for Villa but expectations should be tempered with a new player in a new league, new team, new language etc.

But it's true, coupled with the loss of Tito, the club & team are at a crossroads atm - their next steps need to be chosen carefully or risk more dominoes falling...Can't be good for the overall psyche of the squad

flamenco

Wow he is some talent. I get a slight sensation we are sinking beneath Madrid in terms of depth and talent. idk. this was the season to really reinforce the team and only we've done is get Neymar, lose thiago and not buy a cb. And now we lost Tito. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but I just feel we need to wrap this team up preseason is starting and we're in shambles. Week away and this is whqt we got:

-No trainer/coach
-No CB to make up for the complacent Pique, weary Puyol, and great but still makeshift Mascherano.
-No true replacement for Xavi, thiago left and cesc is vinculated to manchester, and the uncertainty of whether he can perform in our midfield is still present. Oh, and thiago left who was our shining hope did I mention that?

Is not as bad as it seems and we'll be fine most likely, but its just been a hectic bitch of a summer and not what I expected at all. Don't know why I wrote this here but whatever.

not as bad as it seems but that's already cost us @the champions league....can't afford to drag too long on signing a new CB and some more support if we can't dig that outta la Masia :tito:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
iTIvebzBWVvK2.gif

Home of Barca Fans