Isaac Cuenca

P

PhilS

He won't leave Barça. He has continuity here and Pep trusts in him. Why he should go?

Cuenca is looking at a lot of playing time, on a team where he fits in perfectly, which is the best team in the world. He's not leaving. I look forward to 10+ goals and lots of assists from him for this year and many years to come.

Poor Afellay would be the only forward on the first team roster who might need to find a new team, and it is hard to see any first team spots opening up for the forwards now at Barca B. When Neymar arrives, maybe Villa or Pedro will leave. In 2014.

Zqa-

So much hype around this guy. He has played what, 5 or 6 games? Let Affelay come back an prove his worth before writing him off.

ammarfcb

ze special one
If i was Cuenca I would leave. He could go elsewhere and be certain of a starting place every week.

at chelsea it is quite possible he would start every week as they have no out and out wide players left now that Malouda is leaving.

I would go to Arsenal though, the transition will be smoother.

starting 11 doesn't mean success. keita is as important as any starting 11 player on another team.

Robbie

I don't follow Barca B so I never heard of this Cuenca kid until this season, and suddenly he's this amazing academy gem that the entire world is after. He's another wide forward, right? Then won't he effectively kill Deulofeu's Barca career? Yeah, patience is key, but every year he isn't playing weekly there will be another La Masia attacking midfielder coming through of the assembly line.

B

barcelonista

I don't follow Barca B so I never heard of this Cuenca kid until this season, and suddenly he's this amazing academy gem that the entire world is after.

Pep played him in the pre-season tour. No one heard of him because the Internet experts believe that Deulofeu is the next Messi. As no one had ever heard of Pedro before because Internet experts believed Bojan was the next Messi. And as no one ever heard of Busquets before. Because Internet experts were raving about Giovani dos Santos being the next Messi. Pep is just trolling 'em hard. :pep:

Trickykid

So much hype around this guy. He has played what, 5 or 6 games? Let Affelay come back an prove his worth before writing him off.

Double that. 10 games, 4 goals, a host of assists and a whole lot of awesomeness.

Last edited:

Trickykid

10 games? And after 10 games people write of Affelay.. Seems fair indeed.

Thing is, in my book Cuenca has already showed more potential in those 10 games, than Afellay has in his 15-20 odd games. Add to that his younger age, nationality and history in the club, and he just looks like the better option at the moment. Afellay could still bring in a decent fee if sold, and with the competition on the wings and in the midfield, I don't see him staying put for long. At 25 he should play regularly and there's just no way in hell he'll be doing that with Barcelona.

Do you honestly see Afellay ever being more than a backup player at Barca?

Zqa-

Maybe not. But I am willing to give him a try at least.
Plus I'm still not sure about Cuenca, especially against better opponents.

Trickykid

Maybe not. But I am willing to give him a try at least.

Fair play.
I'm pretty sure Pep will want to see more of Afellay before he's sold, but I doubt he'll be here after next winters transfer window.
To be honest In believe Cuenca has got what it takes to be at least a Pedro type squad player here. And along with Messi, Fab, Alexis, Villa, Pedro and possibly even a few canteranos, I believe we're good without Afellay.

Last edited:

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Why? From what we've seen of him in the first team, he doesn't let much faze him. He's messed up a few times but kept at it, he knows what he's good at and knows his value to the side. Plus he's still a bit of an unknown quantity for other teams which could be useful.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I don't follow Barca B so I never heard of this Cuenca kid until this season, and suddenly he's this amazing academy gem that the entire world is after. He's another wide forward, right? Then won't he effectively kill Deulofeu's Barca career? Yeah, patience is key, but every year he isn't playing weekly there will be another La Masia attacking midfielder coming through of the assembly line.

He's been unknown because he was on loan to Sabadell in the third division last season. He apparently performed very well and was invited to the pre-season. I don't think he's been THAT good for Barca B, but whenever he's been given the chance to play with 'the big boys' he has impressed.
As for Deulofeu I'm worried about his size, he's lost some agility.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Pep played him in the pre-season tour. No one heard of him because the Internet experts believe that Deulofeu is the next Messi. As no one had ever heard of Pedro before because Internet experts believed Bojan was the next Messi. And as no one ever heard of Busquets before. Because Internet experts were raving about Giovani dos Santos being the next Messi. Pep is just trolling 'em hard. :pep:
I'm sorry but since when was jonathan the next messi???

Home of Barca Fans