Isaac Cuenca

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Good you're optmistic. But I've seen similar cases to his, and it never ended well. It's been almost 2 years since his surgery, and he's still struggling.

It's not really a question of optimism, merely a balanced take because it seems clear some posters aren't familiar with how recovery & rehab goes...Perhaps I've interpreted some of these 'he's finished' comments to suggest his career rather than his time at Barcelona but a muscular injury cannot equate to the end of anything

The knee in sport, never mind football, is a vital joint...Until it's recovered and strengthened, there's little to weigh in on apart from how he will probably have to go out on loan...If he were to play and re-injure his knee or experience chronic pain that prevents a full recovery, that's a different story but that's not Cuenca's story

CatalinR10

Everton are considering signing Barcelona winger Isaac Cuenca (22), who will be allowed to leave Barcelona in the summer. [daily star]

Is his contract running out in the summer ? If so , doesn't Barca want to renew his contract ? What is the purpose of letting a youngster from La Masia go free ?

abual3bed1

Since he'll " be allowed to leave Barcelona in the summer ", I don't think that his contract expires this summer. IIRC his contract is up to 2015.

CatalinR10

Since he'll " be allowed to leave Barcelona in the summer ", I don't think that his contract expires this summer. IIRC his contract is up to 2015.

Yes , you're right , it expires in 2015.

Such bad luck for this guy with his injuries , he was a big prospect for Barca's future ...

Djab

23 - Isaac Cuenca

I always rated him above Tello. Really bad luck with injuries. If it wasn't for them he could have been played a lot more than Tello.

Last edited:

catalan force

Too many bandwagoners on here to even know Cuenca's quality, I miss the player
What an absolute beast he was. I still remember how he won the game for us against Valencia.

Wish he would be fit again and reach the level he once showed he is capable of. I so wanted him to be a starter at Barca.

fcbdna

Banned
What an absolute beast he was. I still remember how he won the game for us against Valencia.

Wish he would be fit again and reach the level he once showed he is capable of. I so wanted him to be a starter at Barca.

A starter for Barca B or . . . . . I am not sure if that was meant to be a joke. Tello is much better and has the confidence to take on defenders at will. Cuence got more love from Pep and was even given more opportunity. . . . Played in the UCL and flopped big time.

catalan force

A starter for Barca B or . . . . . I am not sure if that was meant to be a joke. Tello is much better and has the confidence to take on defenders at will. Cuence got more love from Pep and was even given more opportunity. . . . Played in the UCL and flopped big time.

It is no joke. Tello is a one trick pony. Though Cuenca doesnot have the finishing skills that Tello has but he brings a lot more to his game compared to Tello. Tello won't fit in to our style where as Cuenca does.

I don't have much to prove my point. I loved his play and still wish that he would fulfill his potential which according to me is much higher than Tello.

Home of Barca Fans