Isaac Cuenca

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
A classic RW.

He might not be the most flamboyant player, when he cuts inside he actually looks clueless, but he knows how to beat his man to create just enough space for the cross. His crosses are sexy. Kinda reminds me of Di Maria, his physique, and how both are useless at the opposite flank but look completely different players in their own.

Especially useful in our 3-4-3 where we lack width, he's the kind of player that stretches the play, we need that with Alves restricted to a more withdrawn role in that formation. This will be probably why we will see him more often than Gerard, who's more similar to what we already have at the wings...

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

"I'm very happy with the goal, I didn't even know how to celebrate it." - Cuenca

You precious child. Really happy for him.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
cracking RW. love his crossing with that right peg.

feel bad for Afellay, but it looks like Cuenca is well on his way to taking Ibi's place in the squad.

JustAnotherCulé

Very assured 1st half performance and nicely taken goal in the 2nd. Really happy for him. :)

I hope he celebrated with a nice big meal.... :p

rmpcsl

If he continues to grow it is goodbye affelay!!
He was more clever then Villa facing the GK in is 2nd official game!!

zanela

A classic RW.

He might not be the most flamboyant player, when he cuts inside he actually looks clueless, but he knows how to beat his man to create just enough space for the cross. His crosses are sexy. Kinda reminds me of Di Maria, his physique, and how both are useless at the opposite flank but look completely different players in their own.

I have seen Di Maria serve some delicious crosses and assists from either flanks.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I have seen Di Maria serve some delicious crosses and assists from either flanks.

True, but I wasn't speaking in that sense. Rather in the sense that when he cuts back inside he tends to look rather clueless, which was also observed of Cuenca in his last game.

Of course there are still a lot of differences between the two, but several characteristics in Isaac today reminded me of Angel...

Home of Barca Fans