Is it time to sack Lucho?

Is it time to sack Lucho?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hamad138

Banned
You are completely wrong if you think that Barca had unlimited cash. With current purchases Barca is pretty much is breaking even with the cash flow. Barca needs to unload some players in order to acquire new ones otherwise you will struggle to pay salaries and maintenance fees. That's a fact and please don't argue with me on financial matters.
Regarding Kroos: I read a log article about Kroos. Kroos left Bayern because he felt that Pep doesn't care for him. Otherwise why he would leave his own country and his club that pretty much on the rise. When Kroos was first offered to Barca, Lucho gave his OK to get him. There was a presentation in Barca HQ for Kroos and one of the Barca recruiters was able to convince everyone that Kroos is not suited for Barca. The fact that Pep and Bayern let him leave just was another argument to opt out Kroos. The article I read wasn't based on rumors , it had even presentation dates in it. The only thing wasn't disclosed was the recruiters name. It wasn't Lucho's decision: They usually ask the coach if he wants the player or not, the final decision is made by the club.
Rubbish pep wanted to keep him on all cost, but kroos was angry about his wages, he wanted atleast 9mio Euro

M

maxmss

Oh, it's your specialty? :lol:

There was money left after the window closed. They didn't even spend all of the money they separated for this past window,

and you know this how? Are you the CFO of the Barca? Can you even read a simple financial statement?

Last edited:
M

maxmss

Rubbish pep wanted to keep him on all cost, but kroos was angry about his wages, he wanted atleast 9mio Euro

You just contradict yourself. If Pep wanted him at all cost they would have paid him more. That's how you value the player. That's why RM paid more to Tristiano and let Di Maria leave .

Chainsaw

Killahead
You bet your ass Barca had the money to spend but as usual these arrogant pricks, like previous windows, didn't think the team is in need of any more reinforcements and it's all safe and sound in the house. Even many members of this forum thought the likes of Rafinha, Munir, Bartra and Montoya are enough to live up to the expectations and the board should not sign any more players to take any minutes from them.

Maria

Well, papers write whatever they are told. Doesn't mean that's the truth. Every club does this trick. Barca was already short on cash and couldn't get the players they wanted so they claimed that Lucho is OK with that. They were chasing Koke and if they were able to get him on acceptable terms no Rafinha would have stopped them.

Regarding Kroos: I read a log article about Kroos. Kroos left Bayern because he felt that Pep doesn't care for him. Otherwise why he would leave his own country and his club that pretty much on the rise. When Kroos was first offered to Barca, Lucho gave his OK to get him. There was a presentation in Barca HQ for Kroos and one of the Barca recruiters was able to convince everyone that Kroos is not suited for Barca. The fact that Pep and Bayern let him leave just was another argument to opt out Kroos. The article I read wasn't based on rumors , it had even presentation dates in it. The only thing wasn't disclosed was the recruiters name. It wasn't Lucho's decision: They usually ask the coach if he wants the player or not, the final decision is made by the club.

:lol:

If Kroos left Bayern because Pep didn't liked him then why did he said that Pep's the one that he misses the most? :rolleyes:

You just contradict yourself. If Pep wanted him at all cost they would have paid him more. That's how you value the player. That's why RM paid more to Tristiano and let Di Maria leave .

You should read more about how things work at Bayern before making such statements..

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

He didn't leave because Pep didn't like him, quite the opposite in fact. Oo

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We offered 42m for Marquinhos, got rejected. Out of those 42m we spent 10m on Vermaelen AND were willing to offer 30m or so for Cuadrado, but since Fiorentina wanted much more, they went for Douglas for 4m or so instead.

Puyol, Alexis, Cesc and Valdes' departures left funds in the wages departement and the new signings don't earn as much as they did, with the exception of Luis Suarez only.

So now you tell me, how they did not have more money to spend.

Last edited:
M

maxmss

You bet your ass Barca had the money to spend but as usual these arrogant pricks, like previous windows, didn't think the team is in need of any more reinforcements and it's all safe and sound in the house. Even many members of this forum thought the likes of Rafinha, Munir, Bartra and Montoya are enough to live up to the expectations and the board should not sign any more players to take any minutes from them.

I'm going to repeat my question: What reasonable basis do you have for your claim? I'll use simpler words: you know this how?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It's ironic. Because we got screwed before by waiting so long for TS we ended up waiting too long to grab Benatia, who we could have got for 30-40 million. We could have got Kroos too.

F

Flavia

and you know this how? Are the CFO of the Barca? Can you even read a simple financial statement?

I know this how? You serious? Mestre and Zubi said this, and showed their pps files after the window was closed. They love to burp their profits. Funny how you dodged part of what I said though.
Selling cesc, alexis, and loaning players like song and the others made a good cut in the sallaries paid. One more midfielder in kroos wouldn't break the club. They were ready to pay an absurdity for koke, had he wanted to move from atletico.

DonAK

It's ironic. Because we got screwed before by waiting so long for TS we ended up waiting too long to grab Benatia, who we could have got for 30-40 million. We could have got Kroos too.

We ended up waiting too long for Thiago Silva(And wasted an entire transfer window on him a year later). We ended up waiting too long to even make a move for Marquinhos and Benatia doesn't fit the Barca profile since we apparently wanted two left footed CBs so they thought buying a player with a bad injury history would be nice, since he fits Barca profile so that must be all good ;)

Kroos we reportedly turned down.

F

Flavia

I'm going to repeat my question: What reasonable basis do you have for your claim? I'll use simpler words: you know this how?

Do you really follow Barça? They merged the value set to spend from 2 windows, this past summer. Bodgets from june 2014 and june 2015, because of the ban. That alone was 100m. Plus sales, and the money saved from wages from all the players who were sold, retired, left, or were loaned. Your specialty, right.

laugha.gif

Pretty funny indeed :lol:

M

maxmss

We offered 42m for Marquinhos, got rejected. Out of those 42m we spent 10m on Vermaelen AND were willing to offer 30m or so for Cuadrado, but since Fiorentina wanted much more, they went for Douglas for 4m or so instead.

Puyol and Valdes' departures left funds in the wages departement.

Because they have more complex financial system than 3rd grade math level like a+b=c. It has to do with players market value, amortization etc. question remains under what payment terms they are offering 42Mil for Marquinhos. Puyol and Valdes left, but they spent the cash to buy Ter-Stegen and Bravo just for Valdes's position and I'm not even talking about Puyol's position. Add to that salary increases based on longevity.Alves alone is heavy burden on salary because of longevity clauses in the contract. Again it's a complex situation.

DonAK

Puyol, Alexis, Cesc and Valdes' departures left funds in the wages departement and the new signings don't earn as much as they did, with the exception of Luis Suarez only.

This itself leaves 58m euros, potentially, for transfers. And as Flavia mentioned, they were willing to pay A LOT for Koke as well, but the player rejected the move.

Chainsaw

Killahead

As others already explained Barca had the money thx to selling several players and getting some of the big wages off thx to Puyol and Valdes departures. And with the transfer ban coming they could spend that extra budget in this window but the same thing that happened in previous windows happened again: having some "fixed" targets which almost all were either overpriced or untouchable. So instead of screwing around trying to snatch the impossible they waited so long that they had to go overspend for a 31 years old no world class CB, and another overrated always injured CB just for the sake of adding numbers. They let Kroos go to their arch rivals for a fair price while they're wasting time for getting Koke for more than twice Kroos price which anyone could guess will not happen. They didn't sign any forward to back-up Neymar-Messi-Suarez thinking only Pedro and Munir are enough to cover them up for the next 2 years!! All the rumored prices the board tried to persuade their obsessed targets with and all the money spent on Mathieu and Verminated could go for Benatia, Kroos and another low priced back up CB and Forward.

In any case Barca was never short of the money if you do some simple math of all the incomes and outcomes and the fact that there was extra cash to spend because of the transfer ban coming around the corner.

Home of Barca Fans