Injuries and suspensions

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Ouf....I hate sudden bumps in this thread. I think we'll see Iniesta in the final even if hes 80% fit. After all it's a muscle injury, worse come to worst he'll be able to recover in the summer. However it's Henry that needs to be given the full green light from the doctors. Cannot take a risk with knee injuries as your career will be on the line. My prediction would be a start for Andres and a sub appearance for Titi. Hes so desperate to be there, you can feel it in his interviews. Just dont leave me out guys :henry:

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Catalan sports paper Sport claims that Barcelona players Andrés Iniesta (25) and Thierry Henry (31) will be available for the Champions League final against Manchester United in Rome next Wednesday.

Both players are in the final stage of their recovery and Barcelona's medical staff and physical coaches would have informed Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola that he will be able to count on them. Henry will have to pass a last serious test later today, but nothing indicates that this could be a problem.

Henry strained the posterior cruciate ligament of his right knee during the league game against Real Madrid on 2 May and was expected to be out for at least three weeks, while Iniesta torn a quadriceps muscle on the front of his right thigh during the league game against Villarreal on Sunday 10 May.

French sports paper L'Equipe claims that Henry could join the group training at the end of this week. A medical source at Barcelona is quoted as saying: "His knee is stable again. There is still a risk that it breaks. But this risk won't be the same in 10 days time."

Weeeee

maz

I walk the line
This may have been posted elsewhere, but this article was written on sid lowe's guardian page earlier today.

Andrés Iniesta and Thierry Henry will be ready for the Champions League final against Manchester United on 27 May, according to Barcelona medical staff. Both have begun running and Iniesta is expected to return to light ball work on Thursday.

Henry's full recovery is fractionally more doubtful but Barcelona remain optimistic about both players. "They will make it [for the final]," said a source at the club.

Henry picked up a knee ligament injury during Barcelona's 6–2 victory over Real Madrid on 2 May and Iniesta suffered a two-centimetre tear in his thigh muscle during the 3–3 home draw with Villarreal eight days later.

Both were rated as doubtful for the final but scans on Iniesta's thigh show that the tear has now healed and he is continuing hill runs and weights with physios from the club. Staff have also worked to relax the stretched cruciate ligament that Henry suffered and he too has returned to running.

"It is a little harder for Henry to get back to full fitness and sharpness because he's a tank and, besides, his problem is articular," a source revealed. "But even if it is by the skin of the teeth, he'll be there if the manager [Pep Guardiola] needs him. Just. But he'll be there."

thierry14henry

it stated that there is a chance henry's knee will get worse, but in 7 days time the problem should be solved/much smaller since he is starting to run already

titi joining training by the end of the week, hopefully he impresses Pep for a start

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Messi the day before, before breaking down into tears.

21-05-09_WEB_ENTRENO_04.jpg

.........Ha ha ha ha, April Fools!

Home of Barca Fans