Inaki Williams

Andresito

Staff member
Insane stat.

Ep3slzxXIAImzpV

Messi983

That's truly unbelievable. In the era of injuries, players being rested, etc., how does one player start 172 consecutive games? Absolutely baffling.

He didn't start all 172 games, he came on as a sub in some of them. Obviously still very impressive.

He's still 30 games away from La Liga record though.

Jugadores que han disputado m?s jornadas de Primera seguidas:
202 Larra?aga
188 Arconada
184 Zubizarreta
172 WILLIAMS
171 Di St?fano

I guess there is something in the Basques genes, top 4 players on the list are all Basques. Larranaga was Sociedad's defender in the eighties starting his career when Sociedad won two La Liga titles and Arconada was their GK at the same time. And we know Zubi.

Messi983

His streak of 227 consecutive league games played for Bilbao has started on today's date in 2016 against Atletico.

Just unbelievable in modern football to not even have a minor injury or be suspended in 6 years. It clearly helps him that he's a forward who don't usually get booked as much as defenders or that Bilbao don't play regularly in Europe and obviously Athletic's philosophy of only playing Basques also played a role in him staying important for different coaches (EV, Ziganda, Berizzo, Marcelino) - in other clubs coaches could potentially bring "their" players to replace him, in Bilbao this is less likely - but at the same time with coaches being more and more aware about importance of rotations/rest for their key players I don't see any player in top 5 leagues getting even close to his record again (would be interesting to see who amongst active players has the second longest run and how many games behind Inaki he is). And he'll surely further improve that streak of games.

Now after writting all of this just watch him break his leg in next game or something.

Temptation

He has always fascinated me. Ever since I used him on FIFA.

Can someone tell me what kind of a player he is, strengths, weaknesses, similar players..?

Why didn't he move to a bigger fish??

Porque

He has always fascinated me. Ever since I used him on FIFA.

Can someone tell me what kind of a player he is, strengths, weaknesses, similar players..?

Why didn't he move to a bigger fish??

Look down your Liverpool cult legends of strikers who were fantastic at everything- except scoring. And then they had that one game where everything went right and you think "man if he could do that every other week he would be world class.

So- Emile Heskey.

That's Inaki.

Home of Barca Fans