Ilaix Moriba

JamDav1982

Koeman is so fascinated of him that he left him out of the squad.

I dont think anyone thinks if Koeman likes him he has to be called up to squad and play minutes immediately.

All it said yesterday is that he would possible travel with team.

It will be between now and end of season or Koemans time at club that will show if he likes him or not.

fergus90

Koeman is so fascinated of him that he left him out of the squad.

I expect he will make the squad soon. The fixture list is congested and one more injury can leave the team seriously light in areas. Also players need resting too, playing 90 mins twice a week the level will naturally drop. At the stage now where we drop any more points we will definitely finish 3rd or 4th. Soon it's going to be a case of who's fresh gets in the team over the best possible XI.

Andresito

Staff member
I think it's too early for him. But you never know. Ansu never even played for Barca B.

Can he be Koeman's Ansu? Let's hope.

JamDav1982

Looks like ESPN are reporting Moriba and Nico will be permanently promoted to first team in next few weeks.

At least thats what English translation of tweet looks like.

Scrap that.. it is B team official so can step up to first team easier. Not sure why that would be case though.

Andresito

Staff member
Looks like ESPN are reporting Moriba and Nico will be permanently promoted to first team in next few weeks.

At least thats what English translation of tweet looks like.

Scrap that.. it is B team official so can step up to first team easier. Not sure why that would be case though.

It's because there's a limit to how many Juveniles can be used at once by Barca B. With so many B players either injured or with the A team, they have needed the Juveniles.

Especially Ilaix was going to play regularly for Barca B anyway. So it's just a formality really.

Porque

Ilaix might have the style that he fits straight in at first team football because of the added quality that surrounds him.

Still, best to not get the hopes too high compared to Pedri and Ansu. But it is great that he is getting consistent first team training time.

FinBarcelonafan

Any scouting report on him? What are his strengths? Weaknesses? Is Koeman trying to find someone quick, faster and stronger than Busi and Pjanic??

Porque

Any scouting report on him? What are his strengths? Weaknesses? Is Koeman trying to find someone quick, faster and stronger than Busi and Pjanic??

Seen him quite a few times but hard to pick out his styles because as a midfielder he does not really excel at anything- which is not a bad thing since we develop alot of La Masia esque mids who excel in just one area.

Physically developed and quick but not imposing of it. Good distance shot, lacks decision making in the final third of the pitch. My biggest critisism is that he only has one pace of tempo playing. Things that can be worked on and will be done by those he is supporting.

Yet, I think tactically he can be molded well into a cog in a first team somewhere like a typical athletic French midfielder, where you just need a decent strong B2B midfielder.

Koeman being here while he is breaking through is the right timing.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Seen him quite a few times but hard to pick out his styles because as a midfielder he does not really excel at anything- which is not a bad thing since we develop alot of La Masia esque mids who excel in just one area.

Physically developed and quick but not imposing of it. Good distance shot, lacks decision making in the final third of the pitch. My biggest critisism is that he only has one pace of tempo playing. Things that can be worked on and will be done by those he is supporting.

Yet, I think tactically he can be molded well into a cog in a first team somewhere like a typical athletic French midfielder, where you just need a decent strong B2B midfielder.

Koeman being here while he is breaking through is the right timing.

Exactly, but he would fit our needs more now than Pjanic and Busi for example because their lack of physical skills.

Porque

Exactly, but he would fit our needs more now than Pjanic and Busi for example because their lack of physical skills.

Definitly think Koeman likes his profile, especially given that there's no money for signings. Can't see us having three recently turned (turning in Ilaix case) 18 year olds in the starting lineup but seems like Koeman is a real advocate of the age just a number cliche.

The club renewed Ilaix before Ansu so there is something raw that they have always rated very very highly.

Jallo

Definitly think Koeman likes his profile, especially given that there's no money for signings. Can't see us having three recently turned (turning in Ilaix case) 18 year olds in the starting lineup but seems like Koeman is a real advocate of the age just a number cliche.

The club renewed Ilaix before Ansu so there is something raw that they have always rated very very highly.

I agree with this, plus Moriba is big strong and athletic. A hard worker defensively. He will probably give a go in the copa match next week or super cup.

Home of Barca Fans