Ilaix Moriba

Jaguar

Flair Trait
This is how he plays, if you watched him with the b team you would know that.

He did a lot of other things though?? He scored hat trick for Juvenil B against Real Madrid as well. My point is he will have to do more for us to be in the starting 11 within next few years. I like to make a point when I comment, but what's your point with a random meaningless dig with no substance? :lol:

Andresito

Staff member
Undeserved criticism. He's 18, coming on in a game that's 3-1. No need for urgency to score goals and risk getting countered. Was playing with full control while on the pitch.

Porque

This is how he plays, if you watched him with the b team you would know that.

This.

If your expecting him to control the tempo and seek the ball then you will be dissapointed.

Everyone on Twatter is raving about Puig's 6 minutes in bed. But if you want to see why Ilaix is ahead of Puig, there was an action where the ball was lost in the offensive third and Ilaix kept with the attack for 60 metres of the pitch, eventually leading to the attacker misplacing his pass. Puig was left behind around the centre circle. These are the margins that the overall game will be detrimented with Puig instead of Pedri or Ilaix. Just as an example.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
That sequence you refer to had Moriba trailing on the play, the entire 60m, he's 18 and couldn't close him down - imagine how slow he'll be when he is older. Had it been Riqui, Puig would've actually recovered the ball earlier

They are indeed different players and bring different skill sets to the squad

FC433

That sequence you refer to had Moriba trailing on the play, the entire 60m, he's 18 and couldn't close him down - imagine how slow he'll be when he is older. Had it been Riqui, Puig would've actually recovered the ball earlier

They are indeed different players and bring different skill sets to the squad
I agree and I think you make a very good point. I have always noticed how slow he is on and off the ball. There is a part of me that says he is a bit too slow to make it here. Needs time and opportunities though!

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This.

If your expecting him to control the tempo and seek the ball then you will be dissapointed.

Everyone on Twatter is raving about Puig's 6 minutes in bed. But if you want to see why Ilaix is ahead of Puig, there was an action where the ball was lost in the offensive third and Ilaix kept with the attack for 60 metres of the pitch, eventually leading to the attacker misplacing his pass. Puig was left behind around the centre circle. These are the margins that the overall game will be detrimented with Puig instead of Pedri or Ilaix. Just as an example.

Slightly off-topic to your point but I see so many people say Puig is fast but he really isn't that fast. The guy has such a small frame that he gives you an illusion of being fast. It's the same with people thinking a rat is faster than an elephant , which is far from the truth.

Bobo32

Slightly off-topic to your point but I see so many people say Puig is fast but he really isn't that fast. The guy has such a small frame that he gives you an illusion of being fast. It's the same with people thinking a rat is faster than an elephant , which is far from the truth.

Now you are calling Puig a rat... Please!

I think Puig is fast where it matters - in the head. He is also quick and agile, can change direction and accelerate to get into situations most players wouldn't

Moriba looks very slow and clumsy in a lot of situations, but he is probably pretty fast. I am sure he'd win in a 60m sprint vs Puig, but football is not 60m sprint, and it's not bench press either.

serghei

:lol: Come on, he is not THAT small as to use this argument. Most players can't catch him when he drives forward with the ball. Agility, speed, quickness, call it whatever. He's clearly quicker than Pedri for example.

It's an advantage of his build. Smaller people are quick and agile because they are lighter on their feet. In fact, due to his agility and movement, it's pretty hard to catch him and use your physical power on him.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
:lol: Come on, he is not THAT small as to use this argument. Most players can't catch him when he drives forward with the ball. Agility, speed, quickness, call it whatever. He's clearly quicker than Pedri for example.

It's an advantage of his build. Smaller people are quick and agile because they are lighter on their feet.

Not saying he is a snail , but some people perceive him to be much faster than he is. Remember a few moments where he couldnt catch up with a player on the break.

Home of Barca Fans