Ice Hockey

Messi983

Yeah, crazy season for Boston. Now watch them go out in the first round of playoffs, lol.

also very good 2nd season for Seattle. 100 points with two games left (granted they're both against Vegas so probably won't win them) and playoff clinched last week. We'll see how far they can go but already very pleased with what they've done.

Messi983

65 wins don't mean a thing without the ring.

And they're out in the 1st round, lol.

And Kraken with a game 7 win against the reigning champions. :worthy: Grubauer was great against his former team. Up next: Dallas.

The Kraken became the first expansion team to beat the reigning Stanley Cup champs in their inaugural playoff series, according to NHL Stats.

utility73

Yeah have to give it to Florida and Tkafuck .. They were permanently all-in, full throttle, at 100% the whole series. They made the Bruins shit their pants whenever they needed to get out of their zone. I just hope the Panthers will bring the same attitude to their matchup with the Leafs.

From Boston side this is mostly on Montgomery. Definitely miscoached that series, but whatever. I am a bit gutted for Bergeron to have it end like this and for Swayman who should have replaced Ullmark earlier. He played excellent in Game 7 and if anything the team owns him something.
An Tkachuk is also something else .. one of those guys you have to hate for their antics but you also wished he was on your team (like Marchand). That guy has such a killer instinct for creating havoc, have to give it to him.

But yeah in the western conference I am pretty delighted with the Kraken upsetting the Avalanche. And yes, yesterday this was all Grubauer. He had an unreal performance.

Sailor Mars

Very surprised that the Bruins lost. On paper, this is one the most stacked teams post 2005 lockout. They made great moves at the trade deadline.

Hoping to see Edmonton and Toronto in the finals. Two offensive teams with plenty of firepower and starpower.

BarDaysx

I wanna watch some ice hockey - yes I am a noob to it - but one its on to late and no channels on the box shows it. Anyone know any dodgey websites to watch it on, hint hint

Gnidrologist

Latvia won against Sweden (second time in almost 20 or so official matches) in IIHF WC quarterfinals and will be playing semis first time in history. The team is by no means great, but very disciplined and hard working. Has best penalty killing stat in the tournament and goaltender making some wonders too. Among other matches, they won against Chezh Republic, also first time in official match and very well drilled Swiss team that was undefeated in six previous group matches and only allowed two goals. Also it's 6th straight victory for our team, which is also a record in this or any other official tournament. Good evening! 💪 (y)

Gnidrologist

Latvia lost in semis against Canada, which i would say very biased refereeing (judges were americans - wtw), but fought well. If luck was on our side, we'd be in the final. Now we won the bronze medal match against UJSA. First medal ever for team Latvia. Yay!

Sailor Mars

Latvia lost in semis against Canada, which i would say very biased refereeing (judges were americans - wtw), but fought well. If luck was on our side, we'd be in the final. Now we won the bronze medal match against UJSA. First medal ever for team Latvia. Yay!
I think maybe you are exaggerating how much of an impact the referees had in the semi-final, but Latvia had a good showing. Looking forward to seeing how the Latvian goalies Silovs develops for the Vancouver Canucks NHL team.

Shame the NHL hasn't allowed best vs best international competition for a decade now.

Home of Barca Fans