Ibrahim Diarra

Messi983

id.png

https%3A%2F%2Ficdn.football-espana.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2023%2F11%2FIbrahim-Diarra.jpg

Captain of Mali at the ongoing U17 World Cup will reportedly join Barca in December 2024 when he turns 18. He's a RW but can also play as a midfielder.

Messi983

4 goals and 3 assists at U17 WC so far. Has scored in all three KO games too so not just statpading against bad teams in group stage.

Unluckily Mali lost against France in semifinals and will play 3rd place match against Argentina tomorrow.

Hopefully someone will make higlights of this tournament but for now this short video analysis.

Easy to see why our scouts like him. Very mature and if I use FM terms he has a "looking to pass rather than attempt to score" trait but that doesn't mean he can't score. Very happy we managed to secure him before this tournament as surely he'll have even more clubs interested in now.

Well, hopefully Albert Roge (he's usually reliable when it comes to La Masia) has right sources and we've actually signed him and I'm not getting hyped for nothing and he'll end up at Chelsea or something, lol. We'll probably hear more news about him after the WC.

Another thing I like is we seemingly look for players who are leaders/captains of their teams. We've signed Darvich who is the captain of Germany and now Mali's captain as well. Obviously could be just a coincidence rather than something we are focused on and we don't know how they'll transform to senior football but it's good to get youngsters who are not only rated as football players but also viewed as leaders from their team mates and/or coaches.

JamDav1982

Barca need to move for these young players.. both if thy can settle into first team squad and if not can sell them on with %.

There has been a big change on that and putting out players when have a year left with smallish fee and a %.

Need all the avenues of income can get and have the argument to these young players that there is no other top team going that have and will give young players chances in comparison.. evident in last few seasons and a policy due to finances going forward.

That Juv A team is bubbling with talent.. even if did get beat 4-0 other day. A very young side not long back from WC for many.

Porque

Final chance to watch him in this tournament as Mali are playing Argentina in Bronze Final.

...And he just scored again.

Tasty bit of scouting to get in first on this player.

I'm starting to think we fancy him as an interior rather than a winger.

Turns 17 in a few days, so should be able to join us this time next year.

Wouldn't mind if Kone and Traore joined him. But can't be greedy aye.

Last edited:

Messi983

Final chance to watch him in this tournament as Mali are playing Argentina in Bronze Final.

...And he just scored again.

Tasty bit of scouting to get in first on this player.

I'm starting to think we fancy him as an interior rather than a winger.

Turns 17 in a few days, so should be able to join us this time next year.

Wouldn't mind if Kone and Traore joined him. But can't be greedy aye.

Makalou too.

Nice goal by our boy.

I've said it after first game I've watched Diarra that I see his longterm future more as midfielder than winger. We'll see.

Messi983

The incorporation of Ibrahim Diarra confirmed

The 17-year-old Malian playmaker, one of the standouts in the last U-17 World Cup, will spend a period of training before knowing whether he will reinforce the Juvenil team or Barça Atlètic

Siuuuuuuuu

He was at Montjuic today against Osasuna.

15ef9938-d51f-4252-ad39-1ae0bae7ca45_woman-libre-1200_default_0.webp

797777b0-6c77-4e62-873b-0d9d97447de3_woman-libre-1200_default_0.webp

TheStig

I have no idea how we should handle him, Yamal and maybe Estevao since all 3 play the same position. It would be hard to implement 2, let alone 3. I know it's to early but we should plan for the future.

Porque

He played on the wing for Mali in the U17 but Barcelona see him more as an Interior, and from my understanding that is where he plays for his club.

Andresito

Staff member
Cheap young development projects should be picked up regardless who is in front of them.

That of course unless it hinders the reinforcement of other positions.

Can always make some money off them if they succeed.

TheStig

True, Diarra is cheap and as some say, he can play in midfield but the bigger question is Estevao? He will not be so cheap and he is a typical RW just as Lamine. He's a big talent and wants to come but I am not sure how we should handle this. We probably won't be able to afford him so this won't be a real problem.

khaled_a_d

True, Diarra is cheap and as some say, he can play in midfield but the bigger question is Estevao? He will not be so cheap and he is a typical RW just as Lamine. He's a big talent and wants to come but I am not sure how we should handle this. We probably won't be able to afford him so this won't be a real problem.

I am a big fan of Estevao based on highlights, but other than club youth level he struggles atm.
Endrick was younger when he was sold to RM, yet he was able to get minutes in Pamliras in both Sau Paolo league, and wasn't in team squad for super cup, they hoped that U17 WC would boost his value but it didn't end up well for him. Palmeiras has been trying to sell him for sometime now with no success, although they leaking it is just because he is waiting Barca.

tbh, there is no reason any club should break the bank for him before he gets to show something better

Porque

Good news. He was quite a player at the WC-U17.

I think that at worse we will be able to set up a long term educational study training stint. There are 20 or so Saudi Arabian kids going to Spain each year to Spain training and studying at an affiliated RFEF academy as part of the SuperCopa deal for example.

He wouldn't be able to play at anything above regional level but he would be importantly be able to train under our setup.

Home of Barca Fans