Ibrahim Afellay

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
11bqm95.jpg

kaisers0ze

Will this particular injury possibly affect his movement, speed etc..?

I had my knee operated for a torn meniscus. 23% was cut off. but i dont feel any difference in movement and can still reacht my top speed.

Robbie

Will this particular injury possibly affect his movement, speed etc..?

I had my knee operated for a torn meniscus. 23% was cut off. but i dont feel any difference in movement and can still reacht my top speed.

Usually it's hamstring tears that destroy speed. The worst thing that can happen with a knee injury is the same one reoccurring over and over again

Blue Demon

Always liked this kid and his play. Hope he contributes this season and if he ends up somewhere else in the end, wish him all the luck.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Always liked this kid and his play. Hope he contributes this season and if he ends up somewhere else in the end, wish him all the luck.

Same and I think there's a good portion of the fans that feel similarly about the Dutchman...Hope he gets a decent shot despite the odds being against him now

M

mitkoa7x

I wasnt impressed by him (im eternally grateful for the assist in the semi), Cuenca and Tello overshadowed him with just a few appearances. He needs to step up his game big time if he wants to stay with us. I hope he does, I like him and I think he has the potential to be a Barca player.

impeh

Hi, its me..
nice to see him back in training, but i think he'll probably leave in the summer. Needs regular football and we cant give him that, doubt he will even be first choice sub.. esp with Villa coming back.

zanela

I wasnt impressed by him (im eternally grateful for the assist in the semi), Cuenca and Tello overshadowed him with just a few appearances. He needs to step up his game big time if he wants to stay with us. I hope he does, I like him and I think he has the potential to be a Barca player.

Our canteros 'll instantly look better than our foreign transfers for the adaptation isn't so much of a factor with them.
I just hope any initiation of transfer stems from the player, and not the club in Ibi's case. I can understand if he decides on a switch for want of regular footie. But i'll be disappointed if the club gave up on him, without giving him a proper season, whn he's just returned from the protracted trauma, both psychological and physical (owing to club's negligence). To do so would indicate complete lack of concern and appreciation for a footballer, who's deserving of a lot better. And i'd like to believe our club is not completely run by business driven motives.
He got the talent and attitude, to succeed here. I'd like to see him stay, atleast for a season more and loan Cuenca for a year/two. Cuenca is young and the regular game time 'll aid his development, whilst Ibi can prove to be more useful to us come crunch time, and a proper season will help us better determine his future at the club. I wish him the very best whatever is the case. :)

Co0ter

I really, really like this kid. He was impressive from the begining even while being the "new" signing, he can pick a deadly pass from the midfield yet was INSANELY fast on the wing and could beat his man. Definately the most underrated player on our team.

After the amazing preseason he had, and yes both Thiago and Afellay were amazing, it broke my heart that he got a knee injury. Hope to see you back in action soon man.

Co0ter

The kid was with us for half a season dude, with only limited playing time. He looked great at times but uncomfortable during others, which is completely understandable given the circumstances. Did you even watch the preseason? He looked absolutely world-class with a ton of confidence.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans