Ibrahim Afellay

E

estranged

Very average tonight , he has the injury but far from Barca standards IMO
maybe next year when he gel more but so far he add nothing but pace IMHO.. Pedro is 20 times the player he is
don't worry barca won't get rid of him :)
he has a bright future at barca and pep knows what a great talent he is and that he'll just get better with more games and confidence :)

F

Fahrenheit

don't worry barca won't get rid of him :)
he has a bright future at barca and pep knows what a great talent he is and that he'll just get better with more games and confidence :)

I'm sorry but he's 25. I understand that he has to fit in but at this stage in his career he should show what he is about. He's not Bojan where he needs to blossom. He should be a flower tbh.

Maybe he was cheap not because he looks young but maybe because at his age and at current position, there just isn't a bright future for him?

Vegy

He will have his pace and dribbling for another 5 years(at least). If Pep lets him play more often then he might actually start improving.

Silver

I only saw the first half.
He needs to take more risks. He plays without taking any risks.
Thats why I think Thiago will become better then Afellay.
Thiago is not afraid to take risks. Of course it's not always succesfull what he tries, but he's not afraid to dribble around an opponent. Afellay seems to be afraid to dribbel around an opponent or try an assist. In the dutch national team he plays better.

I hope he can improve, because he has the right attitude.

Mocro

Not bad, not good. Kinda like the rest of the team, although Mascherano was really good today. I agree with what is said above about Afellay needing to take more chances. Im not used to seeing him holding back and playing safe. At his PSV time he was the one that put all the risk in the game creating a mess for the opponents defensive block. The same at the Dutch squad. But we don't know what objective Pep sends him on the pitch with. Barca already has so many players putting a lot of risk in their game. If Pep wasnt happy with his performance, he wouldnt have played the full 90 minutes.

Not impressed. I think he doesnt really connect to the team.

Afellay connects well with the team. I believe the only player he doesnt have chemistry with is Alves. Thats why I like seeing him coming from the left instead of the right flank.

xsever

He was not impressive at all. He sometimes passes the ball in the box although no one is there.

He only plays well on the left. As soon as he is on the right, he can't position himself right, barely makes any runs, and has difficulty playing.

Pep should have subbed him off instead of Jeffren!

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was not impressive at all. He sometimes passes the ball in the box although no one is there.

He only plays well on the left. As soon as he is on the right, he can't position himself right, barely makes any runs, and has difficulty playing.

Pep should have subbed him off instead of Jeffren!

Exactly! Completely agree!

Home of Barca Fans