Ibrahim Afellay

BerkeleyBernie

Sadly, only once since returning from injury, 4 minutes vs Malaga in January. On the bench 3 times since then. I'd like to see him get some minutes instead of Roberto, but it's hard for him to even get on the bench. He's a fine player, and really needs to move if he isn't going to be played. He could shine at another club.

Just don't see him ever getting minutes at Barça, only because of obligations for other players to get minutes, and he's far too good to rot on the bench. Hope he ends up somewhere where his technical skills get used.

kaisers0ze

some news items that past in the last few weeks:
- Lazio interested
- Inter interested
- Barcelona not asking a transfer fee
- Barcelona helping Ibi to get a transfer
- Afellay spotted with Phillip Cocu in Utrecht city (Netherlands)

I would prefer a Spanish club for him.. since that he has learnt the language. But its almost for sure he's leaving this summer.

Gilberto

he was a good player but remember he has only played like 20 games in the last 3 years...
i doubt he will get back to his old level

BerkeleyBernie

i doubt he will get back to his old level

Based on what? He was always a technical smart player. I think people think of him as winger because every transfer to Barça gets shoved to the wings, but he doesn't need searing pace to be effective. And he has been training with Barça the entire time, once fit. I think he will excel if he goes to a good possession based team.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
So few in here have any idea what they are talking about when it comes to many within our squad nevermind Afellay...If he's healthy, he'll show his quality

Frodo_FCB

Afellay is a very good player, but he is just not Barca quality...He could be very usefull as a backup though...But i definitelly think we should sell him along with Bojan, JDS, Cuenca and Tello...

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
So few in here have any idea what they are talking about when it comes to many within our squad nevermind Afellay...If he's healthy, he'll show his quality

I agree Afellay gave our midfield and the build up in the final third another dimension than what we normally used. He is a hell of a AM and if he wants to stay can be a very good squad player plus he is versatile and comfortable in both the midfield and wings

kaisers0ze

Ibi and 3 other players have to leave before the 14th this month. Luis doesn't want to see them on any Barca training... not even the A-selection.

The other 3 are:
Jonathan Dos Santos, Isaac Cuenca and Bojan Krkic.

F

Flavia

Barcelona attacker Ibrahim Afellay (28) could join French club Olympique Marseille this summer. [vi]
Marseille has given an intermediary a mandate until 19 July to try to sign Afellay. They are willing to pay 2M for the Barcelona player [vi]

2m is a good fee. I hope he goes and do well again.

Home of Barca Fans