Hulk

barca96

winger/striker

He hasn't got much support from the rest of his team... though he signed a renewal just this summer he's surely gonna move from Porto. Really powerful player, would be brilliant with proper support!!

Dunga might play him ahead of Pato in South Africa!!

is he a skillfull? from the limited time i saw him, he doesn't look like those fancy skillfull players.
i know brazilians are skillfull but somehow nowadays they don't look exciting under dunga. and i won't be surprised if dunga chooses hulk ahead of pato.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
is he a skillfull? from the limited time i saw him, he doesn't look like those fancy skillfull players.
i know brazilians are skillfull but somehow nowadays they don't look exciting under dunga. and i won't be surprised if dunga chooses hulk ahead of pato.

those arsenal games were his first two games since december I think. because of the ban he just hasn't been playing - and he still gave campbell a torrid time.

I think physically he's a monster. and he obviously has skills. his problem is that he's very selfish and head-down. he needs to mature in that regard and to do that he'll need to be at a bigger club than porto where his team-mates will be better and demand more passes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Little update on Hulk. So far he is the "MVP" in Portuguese league with 5 goals and 2 assists for his Porto who, same as Mainz in Germany, have 6 wins in 6 matches and are top of the league.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
While we're on the topic of Porto, they got a new manager over the summer, André Villas Boas...he was Mourinho's assistant coach for 6 years until last year he took over Académica who was last placed in October with no wins and took them to a safe 11th place finish. A very talented manager. And only a year older than Puyol!

10Rivaldo

He's having a massive season, finally living up to the hype. He likes to cut in from the right and shoot, got a mean left foot too. Would love to see him at Barca.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
as good as he is... He's too selfish. Now consider Messi who, when on full throttle dribble, keeps missing the passing options and him who doesn't want to pass we'll be frustrated big time

BTW Hulk injured a team mate in his first match for Porto, by taking a free kick... Talk about his strong foot

ledzep

I think he, as well as Falcao would be great additions to Barca. both are skillful, relatively young, about to enter most efficient periods of careers, and mainly decent-priced.

10Rivaldo

I rate Falcao more than Hulk but I can't see a place for him at Barca since the central spot is perma-occupied by Leo. Hulk can play anywhere in the front three, even though he's best cutting in from the right, from what I've seen. As for the price though, I don't think they'll leave for cheap. It's Porto after all.

ledzep

I rate Falcao more than Hulk but I can't see a place for him at Barca since the central spot is perma-occupied by Leo. Hulk can play anywhere in the front three, even though he's best cutting in from the right, from what I've seen. As for the price though, I don't think they'll leave for cheap. It's Porto after all.

Agreed on Falcao. And yes Hulk is versatile up front, which makes him more valuable.
Best of all he has that physical presence, we are in such vital need of, AND at the same time has incredibly good technical ability.
Playing on the right so well is a very good thing too, b/c I have NOT been impressed with Pedro at all this season. Bojan, altho having good potential, is still too young to play in big games. Thus, he'll be a good competitor for Pedro, and Bojan, while being capable of replacing Villa or Messi if those two are injured.

Regarding price, most likely cheaper than Rossi, Nilmar, or that young brazilian kid. Can't really say the experience w/ Lisandro (24 mill euro) will be repeated, since that guy left when market was crazy w/ madrid inflating the market in 2009. And as far as I know, no club has showed great interest in Hulk --> no bidding wars and overpaying for us.

Last edited:

10Rivaldo

Just scored about a minute ago, another one of his trademark left footed shot from the edge of the area. Perfectly weighed shot, weak enough to lob it over the keeper and strong enough to make it impossible to save. His shots are fucking mouthwatering.

Okay, pants up.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Alot of teams should sign Hulk, he's a beast. That left foot of his is bloody amazing. Very exciting and powerful player, would certainly love to see him at Barca if Pep thought it could work. He'll probably move after this season as well, the Portuguese league seems to be far too easy for him now - I heard a while back that Man Utd, obviously with very good connections to Portugal, are interested in him and Falcao, greedy bastards.

Okay, pants up.
:lol:

Bergkamp10

According to Hulk's agent he has already agreed to join a club for next season. I'm thinking City if Tevez is off to Inter. United? Doubt it. Liverpool? No way. Spurs? Unlikely, why would he go to a small club? Arsenal? No he'd cost more than 50p and a packet of crisps. And can't see him going to Barcelona/Real because Madrid are signing Ade and Barca are signing Rossi.

Source is Freddieboswell7 on twitter - ex football scout who's usually spot on. He thinks its an English club.

Home of Barca Fans