Hulk

Morten

His stats so far this season in the Russian PL and CL: 16 games, 10 goals and 13 assists, impressive.

What are his stats solely in the CL? I dont follow russian football, and im pretty sure there is a reason for it. Its not a very good league, is it?

EdmondDantes

What are his stats solely in the CL? I dont follow russian football, and im pretty sure there is a reason for it. Its not a very good league, is it?

He was a monster at Porto as well though, 30, 40 goals a season there as far as I remember. Champions League stats are like 3 goals and 2 assists in 3 games (Valencia, Gent, Lyon).

He was sold to Chelsea for 30 million but Zenit high-jacked the deal offering 60 and Porto just had to take the money. Which was unfortunate for him as I always thought he could tear the Premier League apart. Still a great player and the Russians are lucky to see a talent like that in their league.

Mitchell1978

3 goals and 2 assists in the CL in 3 games, i don't watch the Russian League so i don't know but the results of their teams in Europe are quite good, i'm guessing in terms of quality its not far off Ligue 1

Jair Ventura

The Russian league isn't poor by any means. Their clubs are doing a solid job in the UCL this season.

Morten

He was a monster at Porto as well though, 30, 40 goals a season there as far as I remember. Champions League stats are like 3 goals and 2 assists in 3 games (Valencia, Gent, Lyon).

He was sold to Chelsea for 30 million but Zenit high-jacked the deal offering 60 and Porto just had to take the money. Which was unfortunate for him as I always thought he could tear the Premier League apart. Still a great player and the Russians are lucky to see a talent like that in their league.

Doesnt work that way, Hulk wouldnt have moved there if he didnt want to. Players can pick between the offers, its their choice. Perhaps Porto would have refused Chelskis bid since Zenit bid higher, but that didnt mean Hulk had to accept the offer.

Morten

The Russian league isn't poor by any means. Their clubs are doing a solid job in the UCL this season.

Everything is relative. Sure, its likely pretty good compared to the norwegian one, or the scottish. But that doesnt mean its nearly as good as the spanish, italian, german or english.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Everything is relative. Sure, its likely pretty good compared to the norwegian one, or the scottish. But that doesnt mean its nearly as good as the spanish, italian, german or english.

Much better than the league here.

Some players don't really care about that though. They go for the $$$$

Morten

Much better than the league here.

Some players don't really care about that though. They go for the $$$$

I dont doubt it, but thats not saying all to much, is it? As i said, being pretty good compared to norwegian football doesnt suddenly make the league nearly as good as the best leagues.

Jair Ventura

Top Russian clubs can hold their own against all but the worlds top teams. Zenit is winning their group for example and Moscow is competing for a top spot in their own.

EdmondDantes

Doesnt work that way, Hulk wouldnt have moved there if he didnt want to. Players can pick between the offers, its their choice. Perhaps Porto would have refused Chelskis bid since Zenit bid higher, but that didnt mean Hulk had to accept the offer.

It was a similar sort of gentlemen's agreement to Moura's transfer to PSG. He was virtually sold to and wanted to move to Man Utd, but he wanted his beloved club Sao Paolo to get the most money, hence he obliged going to Paris instead. I assume Hulk felt the same since Porto picked him out from Japan and nurtured him into the best player in Portugal and one of the best in Europe at the time. And on top of that he got a nice raise.

Last edited:

Morten

It was a similar sort of gentlemen's agreement to Moura's tranfer to PSG. He was virtually sold to and wanted to move to Man Utd, but he wanted his beloved club Sao Paolo to get the most money, hence he obliged going to Paris instead. I assume Hulk felt the same since Porto picked him out from Japan and nurtured him into the best player in Portugal and one of the best in Europe at the time. And on top of that he got a nice raise.

Bingo!

El Flaco

Hulks goal vs. Anzi

[gfy]DistantBeautifulFrenchbulldog[/gfy]

Another angle

[gfy]FixedZigzagKissingbug[/gfy]

Home of Barca Fans