How many more Cl's do you think this generation need to win?

how many cl's do we need to win the next 7 seasons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

raskolnikov

We have one of the most (if not the most) talented generations in the history of football.
How many more cl's do you feel this generation of quality players should at least win, lets say the next 7 seasons?
Logically we should compete every year but how many more cl's do you think we might win and what amount would satisfy you?
I feel we should at least get 2 more.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
This generation can win one more in my opinion. In seven years the current generation will be finished so your poll doesn't make sense, the likes of Xavi, iniesta and puyol will be gone.

The next generation is the likes of cesc, Neymar, and Tello.

The team right now is a hybrid of old and new generation.

Still in seven years I think we can win two champions leagues even after the older guys are gone and the players such as Neymar make thier mark. I think we can win one CL with the older guys still in the team and then after a three or four year wait another one once the new generation is at its peak. (Neymar will be 26 for example and messi and cesc around 30)

Last edited:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
1 at least, winning 2 in the next 7 years is great. Anything else is highly unlikely, and I doubt we will get 2. Voted for 1, that should be a reasonable target.

Cule4life

The Culest
With a player like Messi a once in a lifetime player we should win at least 2. But that won't happen if we don't surround him with a balanced team. (CBs)

oz187

The squad is good enough to win the next 3 Champions League titles in a row. There is no should though, there's a lot of factors including luck and how a player might handle a moment of high pressure. With Messi, I think 2-3 in the next 5 years is reasonable to aim for.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Some people saying 3, wow. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but CL is WAY harder to win these days than it was 10-15 years ago. We should all be happy with 2 in the next 7-8 years. I see Madrid winning it at least once, Chelsea at least once, Bayern also. And if it really continues the way it has, PSG also has a good chance in the next 5 years.

Richard.H

1 is reasonable. Even 2 is a bit of a stretch. I'm not saying it's not possible (heck, even 3 is possible), but there are way too many external factors that determine the winner of this competition rather than just being the best team. CL is hell of a lot harder to win now than it was even 5 years ago.

It takes a lot of luck balanced with match fitness to be able to win the CL. Take the 2012 CL and 2010 CL as examples. Any non-biased football spectator would claim we were the best team for winning the CL those years, but it just didn't happen because mainly of luck. It's just out of the team's control.

Last edited:

Ghost

Well, since Pique is staying at the club till 2018, we will have only 2 years to try.

I'd say 1, if we got lucky.

oz187

We've gotten to 6 semis in a row and we've won the last 3 finals we were in. The balance between victory and failure is quite small. I don't see why the team can't continue and get to the next 5 semis, then just a bit of luck could lead to multiple tournament victories. We have Messi entering his prime now and also Neymar could provide the extra back up to help the team get the crucial break throughs when Messi isn't able to.

Home of Barca Fans