How do you rate this transfer window?

How do you rate this transfer window?

• Total voters
F

Flavia

Maybe so, maybe Lucho has made these players look worse than they really are with his shitty tactics, especially Rakitic. But I don't think we have a better squad now than last year. I really don't.

Oh, I know you don't, although we do have a better squad.

MagIX

Honestly, i don't konw how is possible to rate positively the transer window.
What the fuck, we are talking about 154mio !! i repeat: 154mio !!!! are we better than last year for 154mio ?
Getting back at the end of last season and knowing full well our problems we had in the recent years: Which players would you have bought knowing that you could spend 154mio (konwing we sell Fab and Sanchez) ?
If I had proposed to spend 120mio of the 154mio for Douglas, Vermaelen, Mathieu, Suarez (for 80mio) you would have told (entirely rightly) that I am stoned !!

The sad truth is that our transfer market in recent years have been catastrophic. And now we are paying the consequences of bad choices, a lack of vision that our management should have if they were competent. No one can understand why we spent so much for a striker when our biggest problems are the defense and the midfield. Also yesterday after the match commentators have said exactly the same thing.
I really cannot believe that a club like Barcelona has such incompetent board

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Looking back, it's been almost brilliant if it wasn't for Douglas money laundering. Heck even Mathieu paid off with his Clasico header alone :)

Alik

Looking back, it's been almost brilliant if it wasn't for Douglas money laundering. Heck even Mathieu paid off with his Clasico header alone :)

Well, also Vermaelen still hasn't proved his worth.

But yeah, that's minor in comparison with how well all the other transfers turned out.

ManusXavi

I feel good about Suarez, Rakitic, Bravo, Ter Stegan and Rafinha.
Not happy about the Centrebacks. . . .
More time flies by without the addition of reassuring centrebacks then again Vermaelan has been unlucky with his injuries.
A rating of 6 for me

hamidyk

I don't know what fantasy transfer window everyone was expecting but this one gets as close to perfect as possible.

1) Got rid of the flops (Cesc and Alexis) and deadwood (too many to list) from the squad
2) Strengthened the team in exactly the areas they were weak in. 2a) Strong, fast, left sided CBs 2b) Midfielder with high defensive intensity 2c) Skilful and clinical striker with versatility
3) Getting the best possible coach not named Pep
4) Getting Rafinha back and sending Deulofeu and Tello on loan, IMO the correct choice in all 3 cases.
5) Promoting actually useful cantera such as Sandro and Munir
6) Retaining Xavi which is undoubtedly going to be crucial.

Don't know how much more can be accomplished in just 1 window with a net 75 million outlay. I'm going to be quite disappointed if Barca don't win La Liga and CL, specially La Liga. IMO only injuries at key stages and Chelsea can stop them.

The sale of Cesc and Alexis is what prompted me to rate the transfer window a 10.

Treble guaranteed.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Alik

I feel good about Suarez, Rakitic, Bravo, Ter Stegan and Rafinha.
Not happy about the Centrebacks. . . .
More time flies by without the addition of reassuring centrebacks then again Vermaelan has been unlucky with his injuries.
A rating of 6 for me

Wow, those transfers help us win 5 trophies and your rating is 6.

I wonder what they would have to do to earn a 10.

Home of Barca Fans