Hector Bellerin

HanDW

Even at his best his only world class attribute was pace, and he doesn't look as fast as before the injury. Can't defend, can't dribble, bad in tight spaces, not a good crosser, etc...

Jesus Navas at 34 is clear of him.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Even at his best his only world class attribute was pace, and he doesn't look as fast as before the injury. Can't defend, can't dribble, bad in tight spaces, not a good crosser, etc...

Jesus Navas at 34 is clear of him.

He has Barca DNA.

That is more important than pace, dribbling or defending :pep:

khaled_a_d

He has Barca DNA.

That is more important than pace, dribbling or defending :pep:

Not about Barca DNA.
The idea, that in case we sign him it will be for Semedo. Who is older, worse and having bigger wage demands. And will likely be sold for more than we get for Bellerin.
We might have better options, but if we get him he is still a good deal, under those circumstances.

BBZ8800

Not about Barca DNA.
The idea, that in case we sign him it will be for Semedo. Who is older, worse and having bigger wage demands. And will likely be sold for more than we get for Bellerin.
We might have better options, but if we get him he is still a good deal, under those circumstances.

The board has some weird sentimental-political obssession with former La Masia players.

This summer out of all CBs in the world, we are after Eric Garcia.
Koeman wanted Wijnaldum, the board wants another former graduate Thiago Alcantara.
Now we are trading one shitty fullback for another, who happens to be - what a coincidence - another former La Masia graduate.

I guess that our club decided to follow some internal principles of having more La Masia players in attempt to go back to our roots and identity, whether from sporting or identity/emotional/political reasons.

Puig, Araujo, Fati emerged lately.
And now we are after former players.
Plus: Pique, Roberto, Alba, Busquets (and Messi).
None of current La Masia players has left the club.

I don't think it is a pure coincidence.

Last edited:

Porque

The board has some weird sentimental-political obssession with former La Masia players.

Koeman wanted Wijnaldum, the board wants another former graduate Thiago Alcantara.
Now we are trading one shitty fullback for another, who happens to be - what a coincidence - another former La Masia graduate.

I guess that our club decided to follow some internal principles of having more La Masia players in attempt to go back to our roots and identity, whether from sporting or identity/emotional/political reasons.

If it is true then it is nothing more than desperate politics. Previously this very same board refused the notion of bringing Thiago back because once a La Masia player leaves they won't pay a transfer fee to bring them back.

God Serena

It's definitely not a coincidence. I think the board is trying to overcompensate for La Masia's failings under them by bringing in as many as they can. There's no way the veteran La Masia players in Pique, Alba, etc. are going anywhere and the thought of losing any of the current crop of upcoming La Masia graduates is probably a nightmare for them. As much as I like Alena, I've seen very little to suggest he's being moved on somewhere, and there's honestly not any space for him even before we get Wijnaldum/Thiago.

Aside from Eric Garcia, who is young and capable of competing on a top level (It seems), it's hard to see why any of these players are sticking around other than their La Masia roots. Bellerin himself sucks, there's 0 chance he'd even be considered if he wasn't La Masia.

khaled_a_d

Not coincidence, it is business.
Eric is a guy that wants back home, how many CBs you can get either for free or for 10M who is as good?
Same for Bellerin, how many better RBs for 20M.
The point here, isn't that being former la Masia is advantage for them, it is advantage for us as those players might push for come back to home.

Bellerin himself sucks, there's 0 chance he'd even be considered if he wasn't La Masia.

It seems he has been improving lately, don't follow Arsenal that much but I have seen many of them disappointed by the rumors they might let him go.

Messi983

Betis apparently wants him. Would be a pretty big downgrade from Emerson imo and also expensive. They should probably look for other options.

xXKonan

According to ABC Seville, Betis wants him.

His agent Albert Botines was in Seville meeting with Betis's top brass and took a tour of the facilities. His ACL injury robbed him of his explosive pace which was his biggest strength.

Hector Bellerin is negotiating his departure from Arsenal, and he has been offered to Bar?a. The club have asked more time to decide, but the priority is to register the new players and sign Marcos Alonso.

? @mundodeportivo

Would you guys take him on a free or very low fee? Atleast he is better than Dest and surely Sergi Roberto. Had a decent season at Betis. RB is our weakest spot.

CatalinR10

Would you guys take him on a free or very low fee? Atleast he is better than Dest and surely Sergi Roberto. Had a decent season at Betis. RB is our weakest spot.

He said a few years ago that if Barca is giving a call for him , he won't pick up the phone.

He can go fuck himself.

Home of Barca Fans