Hector Bellerin

Messi983

Smart decision.

Although it probably also wouldn't be bad if he'd go watching Bellerin and he'd be abused by Bayern forwards. Well, maybe Robert is affraid of that and he'll choose another game to watch him against worse opponent when he could possibly play better. :robert:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
According to Miguel Rico, Robert won't be in London to watch Bellerin but instead he will be at the Miniestadi, watching Juvenil A vs Porto in the UEFA Youth League Quarter Finals.

Youth team were European Champions 3 years ago. Not 1 of those players got a decent chance under Lucho.
One of the reasons I want him gone.

JamDav1982

Youth team were European Champions 3 years ago. Not 1 of those players got a decent chance under Lucho.
One of the reasons I want him gone.

Munir got a lot of chances and for most part up until last season had folk having a go at Lucho as he was seen as not good enough.

God Serena

Munir got a lot of chances and for most part up until last season had folk having a go at Lucho as he was seen as not good enough.

And then Munir was shipped off to Valencia out of nowhere right when he was on a solid upswing of form and was replaced by a striker who is less useful to the team than players like Affelay and Sandro.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Munir was underwhelming because he's strictly speaking a CF, yet whenever he played it was either as the LW or RW.

JamDav1982

And then Munir was shipped off to Valencia out of nowhere right when he was on a solid upswing of form and was replaced by a striker who is less useful to the team than players like Affelay and Sandro.

Paco is better than Affelay and Sandro and the point was Munir did get chances to play despite him going out on loan after had started to improve.

God Serena

Paco is better than Affelay and Sandro and the point was Munir did get chances to play despite him going out on loan after had started to improve.

Whether he's better or not isn't what I'm discussing though, I'm talking usefulness. Paco only has 2 goals to his name and only one of those helped the team, which is just about what a 19/20 year old Sandro was capable of. And Munir is a perfect example of one step forward, three steps back, as has been the case with numerous situations involving Lucho's decision making, so if anything Munir stands as proof that Lucho is getting progressively worse with La Masia development.

JamDav1982

Whether he's better or not isn't what I'm discussing though, I'm talking usefulness. Paco only has 2 goals to his name and only one of those helped the team, which is just about what a 19/20 year old Sandro was capable of. And Munir is a perfect example of one step forward, three steps back, as has been the case with numerous situations involving Lucho's decision making, so if anything Munir stands as proof that Lucho is getting progressively worse with La Masia development.

None of that is what was being discussed though.

Gone miles from original point.

JamDav1982

Paco, Sandro, and Munir are all relevant in discussing Lucho's ignorance of La Masia.

He gave Sandro and Munir plenty of chances. More so than most on here wanted either or both given.

There isnt an ignorance of La Masia. He has given those two Rafinha, Roberto plenty of minutes even Denis at a push if you include B team players.

None of the players that have left have proven him wrong. Grimaldo might, Munir maybe but been fairly average at Valencia.

Likes of Adama and Duelofeu have shown exactly why they left.

God Serena

He gave Sandro and Munir plenty of chances. More so than most on here wanted either or both given.

There isnt an ignorance of La Masia. He has given those two Rafinha, Roberto plenty of minutes even Denis at a push if you include B team players.

None of the players that have left have proven him wrong. Grimaldo might, Munir maybe but been fairly average at Valencia.

Likes of Adama and Duelofeu have shown exactly why they left.

Rafinha has always been his personal experiment dating back to Celta. He came back from Celta with Rafinha in tow as one of his favorite players already and the Alcanatara brother counts as much for Lucho giving La Masia a chance as it does with Iniesta or Pique. Roberto being forced into the RB spot is a prime example of not trusting La Masia at all, we have other players who can play RB, but they're not first team players. And Denis was on loan for 2 seasons and only spent a single season with the B team, he's more of an experienced La Liga purchase than a La Masia promotion.

Munir doesn't have to prove Lucho wrong with Valencia, it's a fact that he was better when he left, than Paco is now, and that's even with him constantly being played out of position, something Paco arbitrarily has not had to deal with even a single time since signing here. Grimaldo is a similar case, whether he proves Lucho wrong or not, sheer stubbornness and stupidity is the only explanation for why Lucho would rather lose games with Adriano/Mathieu at LB, than so much as give Grimaldo minutes in friendlies or dead games, to see how he'd do. Same thing applies to the likes of Nilli and Palencia, even as we speak. Even the likes of Marlon and Tarin are lucky to get a sniff of action despite 2 of our aging CBs (Mascherano and Mathieu) being likely to leave this summer. And this is not even mentioning Alena rarely getting any minutes or Samper getting shipped off, and Gomes is proof that how "ready" they are isn't an actual metric to Lucho.

Bringing up obvious failed players like Adama and Deulofeu is just a strawman argument as far as I'm concerned. Yes it's possible Lucho made some right decisions in choosing to ignore some players but I'd say players like Deulofeu are exactly what is needed in a team that relies so heavily on a single trio of players, although that really is straying away from the original point. Him ignoring idiots who only know how to dribble doesn't mean that he's justified in all of his other decisions concerning the Cantera.

JamDav1982

Rafinha has always been his personal experiment dating back to Celta. He came back from Celta with Rafinha in tow as one of his favorite players already and the Alcanatara brother counts as much for Lucho giving La Masia a chance as it does with Iniesta or Pique. Roberto being forced into the RB spot is a prime example of not trusting La Masia at all, we have other players who can play RB, but they're not first team players. And Denis was on loan for 2 seasons and only spent a single season with the B team, he's more of an experienced La Liga purchase than a La Masia promotion.

Munir doesn't have to prove Lucho wrong with Valencia, it's a fact that he was better when he left, than Paco is now, and that's even with him constantly being played out of position, something Paco arbitrarily has not had to deal with even a single time since signing here. Grimaldo is a similar case, whether he proves Lucho wrong or not, sheer stubbornness and stupidity is the only explanation for why Lucho would rather lose games with Adriano/Mathieu at LB, than so much as give Grimaldo minutes in friendlies or dead games, to see how he'd do. Same thing applies to the likes of Nilli and Palencia, even as we speak. Even the likes of Marlon and Tarin are lucky to get a sniff of action despite 2 of our aging CBs (Mascherano and Mathieu) being likely to leave this summer. And this is not even mentioning Alena rarely getting any minutes or Samper getting shipped off, and Gomes is proof that how "ready" they are isn't an actual metric to Lucho.

Bringing up obvious failed players like Adama and Deulofeu is just a strawman argument as far as I'm concerned. Yes it's possible Lucho made some right decisions in choosing to ignore some players but I'd say players like Deulofeu are exactly what is needed in a team that relies so heavily on a single trio of players, although that really is straying away from the original point. Him ignoring idiots who only know how to dribble doesn't mean that he's justified in all of his other decisions concerning the Cantera.

Yip and Rafinha is a La Masia player he has given chances to. As have Sandro, Munir, Roberto and at a push Denis.

Munir was better than Paco when he left. That doesnt mean that Munir was ever going to be a long term option for Barca or that Paco will not go on to be the better player.

Nilli and Palencia are nowhere near good enough in my opinion and he is correct on them. Lets see where they go in their careers.

Neither Marlon or Tarin should be in first team yet.

You are just mentioning all these names that prove nothing.

Grimaldo and Munir may prove him wrong. Yet to be seen. None of the other names you give are or have.

Deulofeu is the exact opposite of what this team needs.

Devils

Man he was beyond terrible today.

His cost would be astronomical too. If we are going to pay that much I would want a world class upgrade over Vidal...This guy isn't convincing at all.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Guys, keep an eye on Nelson Semedo in the BVB-Benfica game.

Ah fuck....just realized it's tomorrow. Highlights then.

Home of Barca Fans