Hector Bellerin

Horatio

You're welcome
He neither did say he should shut up or has no right to say opinion, but he also needs to do his job and work to improve.
People will barely take someone seriously if he isn't showing success, and Bellerin, afaik, started talking more after his injury when he looks more or less like a retired footballer at 26.
Don't get why he can't do both tbh

Maybe that is exactly the reason why he has started talking more. Looking to branch out and not put all eggs in one basket because the footballing basket is starting to look frayed.

khaled_a_d

Maybe that is exactly the reason why he has started talking more. Looking to branch out and not put all eggs in one basket because the footballing basket is starting to look frayed.

Sure, but then it is normal that football fans, especially of the club that he plays for,will call him out for it.
Good for him though

Bobo32

A couple weeks ago there was a debate if he was their worst player ever :lol:

I said that he was Barcelonas worst player ever or close to it, after maybe 2 performances.

First I was going to make a comment about Bellerin and those saying he has been very bad at Barcelona and that it's hard to judge after only 3 starts from him, but Emerson shows it is possible. I didn't see Bellerin play that badly here, though. He is a player dependent on his speed, and he has grown older, so the transfer was always suspicious.

Andresito

Staff member
Not even sure what "work to improve" means in reality. You guys think Bellerin can become a regular top RB if he just wants to?
Not like there are a bunch of reports that he's only focusing on off-pitch stuff that affects on-pitch performances (like another fellow Catalan was criticized for).

His footballing level is limited, him having had a serious injury and being 27. This is his most likely his max level. Let the guy use his platform to reach out if he wants to.

Horatio

You're welcome
I like what he has to say in interviews ngl. Pretty likable even with the sus runaway walks and fact he offers little in football.

Windhook

Made a limited series documentary on his recovery, I'm not wasting my time on this. His English is amazing, though.

Temptation

As a guy who despises his fashion choices, he has every right to give his opinion on any general topic he wants.

People act like you have to be RL9 or something in order to have the right to give an opinion jeeez! :lol:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
As a guy who despises his fashion choices, he has every right to give his opinion on any general topic he wants.

People act like you have to be RL9 or something in order to have the right to give an opinion jeeez! :lol:

More than anything people who give opinions should be well versed on what they are commenting on. Too many "influencers" speak about shit they don't know about or just regurgitate what ever is being pushed to the masses by mainstream media.
That's probably expecting too muxh though for most people.

This isn't related to anything he said or his knowledge on those remarks, it's just a general comment on the state of social media and media in general these days.

Temptation

More than anything people who give opinions should be well versed on what they are commenting on. Too many "influencers" speak about shit they don't know about or just regurgitate what ever is being pushed to the masses by mainstream media.
That's probably expecting too muxh though for most people.

This isn't related to anything he said or his knowledge on those remarks, it's just a general comment on the state of social media and media in general these days.

Sure. Freedom of Speech works both ways.

You're free to give an opinion. People are free to retaliate.

But pretending like he can't give his opinion because he isn't world class or a regular starter is just nonsense. Nothing to do with his Footballing abilities.

Vincent Kompany is probably the most intelligent Footballer around. He's hardly the GOAT though....

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Sure. Freedom of Speech works both ways.

You're free to give an opinion. People are free to retaliate.

But pretending like he can't give his opinion because he isn't world class or a regular starter is just nonsense. Nothing to do with his Footballing abilities.

Vincent Kompany is probably the most intelligent Footballer around. He's hardly the GOAT though....

Wasn't disagreeing with you on, I actually agree that his footballing ability shouldn't prevent him from voicing his opinion if he's well versed in the subject he's commenting on.

Main contention is that people with an increased influence should make an effort to understand the topics they may speak about.

Windhook

SPORT reports Hector rejected a move to Everton.

Apparently wants to stay at Camp Nou, but Barca are not offering him contract extension.

Likely will return to Betis this summer as free agent.

Home of Barca Fans