Hatem Ben Arfa

George_Costanza

2 years deals with PSG? we can learn something from this signing, Ben Arafa's age is 29 and was offered only a 2 years contract cuz of age. We could have done the same with some of our signings like Arda (cuz of his age), Douglas (unknown potential), Verms (injury prone) etc. Instead we are locked in a along term contracts with them.

JamDav1982

No club in their right mins would sign a player for 35/40m and put them on a two/three year contract.

Clubs pay down the value of a player by length of contract.

Even saying buying players of potential should be two tears doesn't work. In Douglas case it works but the momentary do that and player turns out to be good the shit would hit the fan.

serghei

2 years deals with PSG? we can learn something from this signing, Ben Arafa's age is 29 and was offered only a 2 years contract cuz of age. We could have done the same with some of our signings like Arda (cuz of his age), Douglas (unknown potential), Verms (injury prone) etc. Instead we are locked in a along term contracts with them.

If we did that, Ter Stegen would be free to sign with anyone right now. Because it's not, only way he goes without our permision is if some team pays 80m., his buyout fee. Longer contracts are usually more favourable to the team, than the player. A scenario like yours will hurt the team in so many ways you can't even imagine.

George_Costanza

If we did that, Ter Stegen would be free to sign with anyone right now. Because it's not, only way he goes without our permision is if some team pays 80m., his buyout fee. Longer contracts are usually more favourable to the team, than the player. A scenario like yours will hurt the team in so many ways you can't even imagine.

I was talking about old players like Turan/Mathieu and unknown potentials like Douglas. We all knew MATS has the potential

Andrew M

It's easy in retrospect to say Arda was a bad signing. At Atleti he played at a very high level for years.

El Flaco

For the third time in a row, Ben Arfa has been left out from the squad.

PSG will play against Dijon in Coupe de la Ligue

Hatem Ben Arfa

I'm very disappointed in Hatem. This was his last big chance to showcase to the world his God-given talent at a big club in the UCL and gain the recognition his talents deserve but sadly he's well on his way to wasting this opportunity by being a fat and lazy.

I used to defend him all the time and blame Alan Pardew for his Newcastle exit, but then for Hull City to terminate his loan deal citing lack of professionalism and downright laziness made rethink who the real problem was. For the same issue to occur again at PSG just confirms it, Ben Arfa is the problem. his poor diet, his poor work ethic, poor attitude.

I also heard that behind the scenes at Newcastle that he had the fans who loved him so much fooled and that he was not the nice personality he portrayed. Certain players in dressing room wanted him out due to his behaviour. For the club to banish him to train with the U-21's and strip him of his No.10 squad number for the new season and give it to a new signing should tell you something about how bad his behaviour must have been.

Funny fact, Ben Arfa's most recent best seasons have coincided with a Euro Championship (2012 & 2016) being in the summer. Perhaps he needs that motivation. Given his past behaviour I can see PSG getting rid of him in January.

Hatem has always been fucked up. He appeared in a documentary aged 13 or so where he was downright sinister.

I kinda wanted him for free, then he said something like "I have offers from 18 different clubs" which brought me back to reality.

Ahmedd

He was doing well with OGC Nice under Claude Puel and he is a hard worker manager too. Do you remember how Eric Cantona was ? Ben arfa is an angel compared to Cantona. He was a great player but you had to treat him like a "friend", you had to make him feel loved and trusted . That's what Fergusson did with him, and that's what Claude Puel did with Ben arfa.

Hatem Ben Arfa

He was doing well with OGC Nice under Claude Puel and he is a hard worker manager too. Do you remember how Eric Cantona was ? Ben arfa is an angel compared to Cantona. He was a great player but you had to treat him like a "friend", you had to make him feel loved and trusted . That's what Fergusson did with him, and that's what Claude Puel did with Ben arfa.

Claude Puel recently said something to the effect that Ben Arfa is a match player, not a training player. That is ridiculous, he was weak and basically gave him pass to not bother in training and play him come what may. He had his best season ever last year but i put it down to him fighting for a place in the France squad for Euro2016, not Puel making him feel loved. His previous best season also happened to be when he was fighting to get in the France squad for EURO2012.

he's a total disgrace and completely unprofessional.

Home of Barca Fans