Harry Kane

Yannik

[tw]1373615551088562179[/tw]

Ornstein saying Kane wants to leave but Spurs Chairman asking for at least 120m (pounds that is) since Kane still has 2 and half a year left on his contract.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

[tw]1373615551088562179[/tw]

Ornstein saying Kane wants to leave but Spurs Chairman asking for at least 120m (pounds that is) since Kane still has 2 and half a year left on his contract.

Wow 120mio. He would be a good striker for us if we dont manage to get Haaland but 120mio is too much :pique:

Yannik

I don't think 120m (140m EUR) is that terrible. He's a top 3 striker in the world and actually only 27. If someone paid 120m for Lewandowski at 28, people would've called this "too much" for a player that age but by now he'd probably have nearly 200 goals at the club he went to. I guess the only problem with that evaluation is that this is what Haaland would cost, and clubs will likely try to grab him rather than Kane.

Regardless though, the alternative is that Kane will leave age 29 in his last year of contract for like 50m and many clubs will be in for him, but its possible that Levy will not sell him in England which eliminates most of the competition.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kane is great, but had his fair share of issues with his ankle. Wouldn't pay 140m for him. 100m sounds more reasonable for a player who's making far less money than he could elsewhere for a team that cannot win shit.

It's business I know, but perhaps Levy could be a little more reasonable for a player that could have left them a long time ago and has been loyal to a fault.

soul24rage

I like Kane, but his playing profile is a bit like a false 9, dropping deep while son runs into the space kane leaves behind.

If Messi stays, then someone like Haaland would be more suitable for the team.

Sorin

I was only half joking with my previous post about an exchange Griezmann-Kane.

Kane should absolutely be our second choice if we can't get Haaland. Personally I think it'll be difficult as shit to sign the Norwegian. Kane too, don't get me wrong, but maybe we can work something with Levy.

If Kane truly wants out, there would only be a handful of clubs that could afford him and considering Levy hardly sells to teams in the EPL, or demands unrealistic amounts from the likes of United, maybe we have a chance.

Griezmann plus 30-40m and Coutinho on loan with an option to buy, if they get rid of Alli, may tempt him.

Wishful thinking maybe, Griezmann does have a huge salary and Levy is tight af, but I rate Kane as the second best striker we can get so yeah.

Sorin

He is not a false 9, he only plays that way because Tottenham has the creativity of a blind bat, he has to drop deep since no one can create for shit. Mourinho's team through and through.

He played with both Eriksen and Alli when they were at their absolute best under Pochettino.

I would rather have slightly injury prone Kane than Griezmann. Not even close.

khaled_a_d

It seems they want to sell him away from EPL, that truly limit their options in Covid time.
Other than PSG, doubt any team can afford that money.

Andresito

Staff member
Could he be baked into a deal with Bale?

Although I'm fairly sure he's far from Madrid's priority with Mbappe and Haaland topping it. Haven't heard much about Camavinga either but last time around he was Madrid bound.

Birdy

When Haaland and Mbape join EPL, devastated Florentino will do anything to bring Harry in, as he would want a big name to save the day...

Excellent player in many different aspects, but as people above said he plays like false 9 the last season or two, and he is getting slower and slower.
Doesn't fit the bill for Barca

fergus90

The biggest downside with Kane for me is that he misses about 10-15 league games a season through injury and has been like that pretty much every year for the last 4-5 years.

Home of Barca Fans