Group C: Colombia, Greece, Cote D'Ivoire, Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darko

the Greeks are such freaking legends, negative goal difference, two games without scoring and they make it out :lol:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
images

F

Flavia

Was it a penalty? I saw some replays and it looks like Samaras tripped on himself...

Galning

Was it a penalty? I saw some replays and it looks like Samaras tripped on himself...

He hit the defenders leg first as he was swinging to hit the ball and because of that he tripped himself. That said Samaras made contact with the defender, not the other way around. A different ref, this one had a clear bias towards Greece throughout the entire game, might have a different opinion.
I honestly don't know if that's a pen or not. Such a weird situation.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Not a penalty in a million years and I am super dejected in seeing Greece go through. I love the greeks and the country but I super hate that football team.

Androutsos

He hit the defenders leg first as he was swinging to hit the ball and because of that he tripped himself. That said Samaras made contact with the defender, not the other way around. A different ref, this one had a clear bias towards Greece throughout the entire game, might have a different opinion.
I honestly don't know if that's a pen or not. Such a weird situation.

I think the best way to look at it is, if the defenders leg wasn't there, does he score or not?

Chainsaw

Killahead
The Ivory defender stopped Samaras from taking the shot. That's a foul anywhere on the pitch and definitely a penalty.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
It sucks. Greece going through is a travesty, but at the same time Ivory Coast weren't good enough.

PaulFCB

Banned
Stop crying and enjoy the fact Greece took out a chaotic Ivory Coast. They had 2 final tournaments to learn you can't just expect to play in the Africa's Cup of Nations against Zambia or Egypt ( :troll: ) and win playing african style. They wasted a chance to close the file just before, they had like ... a ton of luck since Greece hit the post 3 times. They should've played it differently especially since all their players have good experience in Europe.

As for Greece.
Mohamed was kind with them.
Zeus is dead, they've been Otoman meat for many centuries :tito:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans