Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertus

VdB saying "if this", "if that" in press conference.

"If David had scored blablabla"

He started well saying it's everyone's fault, but Football is not something based on "IF".

Teams against Spain also missed goals, hell, Robben 4 years ago.

ManusXavi

In my opinion even if Spain win their next two games Spain are still done.
If the Netherlands coach Louis Van Gaal is Smart he will lose to Chile in the final group game to Chile to allow Chile to come second on goal difference.
Despite what happened Spain still showed some good periods of play.

Beast

The Observer
Though you guys are overreacting. They will get through.

Also the lineup needs nit that many changes, I'd get rid of Iker and maybe replace Silva with Pedro, that's it, remember they were fine first half not like it was tactical.

They could get through but unless the Dutch drop points Spain will meet Brazil in the round of 16 as 2nd place.. which will mean they are out

Unbiased United

Seriously?

Van Gaal did nothing special. Holland played what almost anybody plays against Barca or Spain, difference is for Holland it worked perfectly...with RvP and Robben doing it right and Ramos+Pique with Casillas being utter crap.

Are you serious more like? Van gaal changed his whole system after Strootman (his key player) got injured. Not to mention that from what I can tell nobody in Holland gave them a prayer tonight. Van Gaal should take a lot of credit for the result.

Competition isn't over for Spain though, and anyone saying otherwise should just have a quick look through their squad, which is still superb for the most part.

Why De Gea doesn't start for Spain I'll never know, he's been a top keeper for at least two seasons now. Also, I'd like to see Koke given a chance as a starter.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
They could get through but unless the Dutch drop points Spain will meet Brazil in the round of 16 as 2nd place.. which will mean they are out

I think this meeting will happen, Brazil are favourites but people are writing Spain off prematurely. Brazil are not very impressive. Still home advantage, confidence and the referee will all help them.

Bertus

Are you serious more like? Van gaal changed his whole system after Strootman (his key player) got injured. Not to mention that from what I can tell nobody in Holland gave them a prayer tonight. Van Gaal should take a lot of credit for the result.

Competition isn't over for Spain though, and anyone saying otherwise should just have a quick look through their squad, which is still superb for the most part.

Why De Gea doesn't start for Spain I'll never know, he's been a top keeper for at least two seasons now. Also, I'd like to see Koke given a chance as a starter.

And he managed to make RvP and Robben play well together despite those hating each other.

People saying Van Gaal did nothing don't know shit about him. He's a very very very good coach.

PaulFCB

Banned
OK. Let's not go "Spain will beat Brazil" and "Like in the Conf Cup".

Chances are that Spain will eventually finish 2nd and lose to Brazil, but anything is possible, including Spain winning the group, playing Brazil because Mexico wins Group A and they beat Holland like Russia did in 2008 after they pwnd the group with Italy, Romania and France. Etc etc etc.

Holland is used to be strong shit in the GS and then disgracefully failing.

Hamzah

High Definition Member

De Gea should be the number one after this tournament. Iker is only there because of his personality, his quality has deteriorated a lot recently.

Beast

The Observer
I think this meeting will happen, Brazil are favourites but people are writing Spain off prematurely. Brazil are not very impressive. Still home advantage, confidence and the referee will all help them.

They are not impressive ... but neither is Spain , Brazil still have the crazy support & mental advantage after last year win .. anyhow it's the first game .. between now & the second DECISIVE round a lot can happen .. a lot
let's see Chile now , Spain will be hoping for a draw

Leo10

Come on Alexis Sanchez you can do it!

If not, hopefully the Netherlands can keep on winning so Spain meets Brazil and then

Come on Neymar Junior you can do it!

Unbiased United

And he managed to make RvP and Robben play well together despite those hating each other.

People saying Van Gaal did nothing don't know shit about him. He's a very very very good coach.

Do they hate each other? ...they seemed friendly when RVP got subbed, but of course could just be the elation from the result?... He's not popular amongst fellow United fans, but I love Robben, he is just such a fantastic player.

But yeah, Van Gaal is a very good coach and Holland could do very well in this World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans