Goncalvo Guedes

Bulgroz

I've read 40 + 10 "easy" bonus (number of appearances with Valencia) + 7 "harder" bonuses (high objectives for the player, and Valencia in LaLiga's top 3 at the end of the season, stuff like that).

Jair Ventura

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">Guedes a été vendu pour 57 millions d’euros, bonus compris, à Valence. Si tous les bonus sont atteints, c’est une belle vente <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PSG?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PSG</a></p>— Loïc Tanzi (@Tanziloic) <a href="https://twitter.com/Tanziloic/status/1034317214889984000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fee is €57m after bonuses.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Glad he stays in La Liga. Valencia haven't looked good without him in last two matches.

Can't believe nobody mentioned him as a legit 2nd option as our LW, instead of Neymar. Kid has tremendous potential. Definitely worth a punt if we can get him for 60m or less.

Leo_Messi

Can't believe nobody mentioned him as a legit 2nd option as our LW, instead of Neymar. Kid has tremendous potential. Definitely worth a punt if we can get him for 60m or less.

He lacks a final product. He is approaching 23 years of age and has just 14 goals in 76 games to his name while being one of the most prolific offensive outlets at Valencia. Granted, Marcelino is not exactly an offensive-minded manager but his stats for Portugal are not overly impressive either despite the frequent cannon fodder that Portugal is facing in qualifiers and friendlies.

13 games for PSG and 0 goals as well. Just 11 goals in 68 games for Benfica.

To put it simple, I don't think that he will ever be good enough to be a starter for us. We need to aim much higher.

If he was scoring more goals he would definitely be one to look out for as he ticks a lot of other boxes.

Anyway the guy is not even in the top 3 of best offensive Portuguese players IMO. I would take Silva, C. Ronaldo and Félix over Guedes.

He lacks a final product. He is approaching 23 years of age and has just 14 goals in 76 games to his name while being one of the most prolific offensive outlets at Valencia. Granted, Marcelino is not exactly an offensive-minded manager but his stats for Portugal are not overly impressive either despite the frequent cannon fodder that Portugal is facing in qualifiers and friendlies.

13 games for PSG and 0 goals as well. Just 11 goals in 68 games for Benfica.

To put it simple, I don't think that he will ever be good enough to be a starter for us. We need to aim much higher.

If he was scoring more goals he would definitely be one to look out for as he ticks a lot of other boxes.

Anyway the guy is not even in the top 3 of best offensive Portuguese players IMO. I would take Silva, C. Ronaldo and Félix over Guedes.

Yeah , googled his stats the other day and was shocked at the low numbers. But he is capable of such brilliance at times and is still only 22. I just have a funny feeling that everything is going to come together for him and he will have a breakout year soon. Dribbling LWs are becoming very rare these days too.

Leo_Messi

Yeah , googled his stats the other day and was shocked at the low numbers. But he is capable of such brilliance at times and is still only 22. I just have a funny feeling that everything is going to come together for him and he will have a breakout year soon. Dribbling LWs are becoming very rare these days too.

When he first appeared on the scene in Spain (roughly 2 years ago) and had those amazing first weeks/months, I thought for a while that he could turn into something special. After a somewhat underwhelming second season for Valencia, I am much less convinced.

The question the sporting direction should be asking themselves is whether or not Guedes is the type of player that we would want to buy in the first place. Are there better options out there with better end product? Better and younger talents? Much better but older finished products? I think that all of us can answer yes to those questions.

Obviously I would take Guedes over most players as some kind of super sub and rotation player (ideal for such a role in fact due to his quickness and direct play) but I doubt that Guedes would ever agree to such a thing.

Anyway he will turn 23 in a few weeks time so we should definitely keep an eye out for him this season. If he ends up performing as he did last season, I think that he should be completely ruled out. At least for a club like Barça for the time being.

stk93

guedes, ricardo pereira, angelino, odegaard... some of the underrated players (cheap ones) who would improve our old team. i wanted pereira years ago when we buy semedo.. he played for nice on loan at that time.
i dont know how people cant see potential in these players but they saw jovic (overrated!!) wc player already. odegaard is amazing in iniesta position and barca system. we play for years without LW and on the RW we play messi... where is our pace?? we need proper wingers with speed who can strech defence line and cut inside with the ball.. ofc coutinho is a bad fit, he doesnt have speed

michelco

Guedes thrives when there's space in front of him to run with the ball, I think he'd have difficulties in Valverde's slow possession game

typical guedes situation that he loves:

[youtube]YwGze6FthtM[/youtube]

Home of Barca Fans