Gianluigi Buffon

khaled_a_d

Casillas was never better than Buffon IMO. When both were at their top. If anything Casillas was perhaps a bit overrated and Buffon underrated. The latter kind of went under radar for the so called tv/radio experts and analysts we have in Football these days after the Calciopoli scandal.

Honestly ,I don't remember any time uffon was underrated . he was always highly rated by everyone
I think Casillas was better during the Spain domination of NT trophies period .not during the whole 4 years but most of them

Neuer is a bit overrated IMO. I do not see that in him to keep it going strong as long as Buffon.

Neuer has changed the position though ,may be in a way that never been b4 .every young GK in every football academy right now is probably learning how to be a sweeper GK and how to use his feet
I think that will play huge part in his legacy and might make him remembered more than any GK we have seen

frog-fcb

Brilliant gk and still going strong can i also add oliver kahn to the list for best gks of recent times he was always beastly anytime i saw him play

El Flaco

[tw]708400353230888961[/tw]

The record has Sebastiano Rossi with 929 minutes for not conceding a goal, Buffon is now at 926 minutes.

Last edited:

Darko

Why do people act like Neuer invented the sweeper keeper style, it was a part of football long before Neuer (the legendary 1950 Hungarian Gyula Grosics).
He's arrogant and cocky and that's why the media overhypes him. Coupled with the fact that a tweet of Neuer standing on the half way line is going to get a lot of hits and you have the perfect keeper poster boy.

khaled_a_d

Why do people act like Neuer invented the sweeper keeper style, it was a part of football long before Neuer (the legendary 1950 Hungarian Gyula Grosics).
He's arrogant and cocky and that's why the media overhypes him. Coupled with the fact that a tweet of Neuer standing on the half way line is going to get a lot of hits and you have the perfect keeper poster boy.

You are like 6 months late on that discussion :cheers:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He's still on a good enough level for a top team, so I say not yet... At least he aged better than Iker...

El Flaco

[tw]711602310795960321[/tw]

Buffon on breaking Serie A clean sheet record:''The record was about the team. The goal conceded? I was only interested in winning.''

Home of Barca Fans