Germany

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
because of reff assistance ?

Haven't you heard it? The ref was bad that game just like many refs in other games, but apparently FIFA have already decided that Brazil are gonna win the world cup based on that single game.

Also, Neymar is a douche since he punched Modric, don't forget that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For our german posters, what's does this mean? :lol:

BqR4PeDCMAAKkOK.jpg:large

footyfan

Calma, calma
Is it German culture to be either unnaturally harsh on their players or praise them to the heavens? That's the vibe I get from German pundits/ex-players.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yeah agreed. Some of the stuff is quite frankly insulting to the players. The most recent one that prompted my post was Paul Breitner's assertion that with Ozil, Germany play with 10 men! OK I can understand a fan saying that to his friends or on an anonymous forum, but for a great ex-player to say that to a newspaper (even though TZ apparently is just a tabloid) must be quite demoralizing....

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Yeah agreed. Some of the stuff is quite frankly insulting to the players. The most recent one that prompted my post was Paul Breitner's assertion that with Ozil, Germany play with 10 men! OK I can understand a fan saying that to his friends or on an anonymous forum, but for a great ex-player to say that to a newspaper (even though TZ apparently is just a tabloid) must be quite demoralizing....

On Swedish telly they've said the same about Brazil (Fred) and Argentina (Higuaín/Agüero).

DennyCrane

Özil is the main target for quite a while now and Breitner is inconsiderate as always. He's just one of many though. It's something that happens quite a lot, if the media especially BILD start taking cheap shots at a player, it's only a matter of time till the legends start their trash talk in the usual tabloids as well. I'd even go as far to say that in Germany, Bild (where people like Netzer, Breitner etc. usually comment) is a decisive factor of a player's career, be it glory or doom. They make you and break you.

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Even when he was doing well, Özil was always looked at with scepticism by guys like Raimund Hinko. I think his sadfrog looks and attitude don't really sit well with the 1970s Leitwolf- and anthem-obsessed generation (i.e. Breitner etc). Add to that his slump in form and you have an easy scapegoat. That said, some of the criticism is definitely warranted, but the extent and tone in which guys like Ballack are doing it is over the top.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans