Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Duke

Valverde? are we that desperate?

unless we get a good motivator coach, someone like Klopp, I will stick with Tata for now.

klc123

Valverde? are we that desperate?

unless we get a good motivator coach, someone like Klopp, I will stick with Tata for now.

Wot? Stick with Tata? Things will quickly reach a level where the team implodes.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/barcelona/news/cruyff-barca-should-bring-back-guardiola_150237.html

Can't see it happening. Hope laporta is brought back in though.

Last edited:

Duke

Wot? Stick with Tata? Things will quickly reach a level where the team implodes.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...barca-should-bring-back-guardiola_150237.html

Can't see it happening. Hope laporta is brought back in though.

I'm aware of what Cruyff said but Pep won't come back for another 2-3 years I guess. So if we are going to change a coach, we need someone with strong personality that take no shit from the stars we have like Messi and good at motivating players.

Few coaches can do this in Barcelona at the moment: Klopp, Conte and Simeone

Maria

When asked about the future of the team, Martino said that “we have to derive strength where there is none. We have the obligation to continue fighting until the final moment” and he went on to analyse how his team performed: “Barça have a way of playing that is hard to modify. There are no long balls for a pure number nine, we’re a team that passes the ball, elaborates plays and when we aren’t precise in finding space the game becomes uncomfortable for us. When we don’t score first things get complicated.”
Captain Obvious strikes again. Thanks for pointing that out Tata. But no need to change something.

If we don't have a number 9, then why is Dani Alves crossing the ball constantly like we have Mandzukic instead of Messi?

For those with short memory; Rosell didn't have a lot of choice when Tito suffered a relapse at the end of pre-season. Tata was a reasonable choice at the time and most of the fans supported it.

Obvioulsy, he could have done better but let's not throw dirt just for the sake of it.

True, imagine if he would have only had more time..he would have certainly found a better coach. Just like he found a better CB than Mascherano. :icon_neutral:

There were options, but not with the profile rosell wanted.

And how do you know the profile Rosell wanted? When Pep left he had all the time in the world to chose a manager, yet he chose Tito. Then he knew that in Tito's case there was always the possibility of relapse(just like in Abi's case), yet he didn't had any back-up plan?

Last edited:
I

instinct

Fran de Boer: "Im happy now at Ajax but my dream is to coach Barca one day after playing for them" #fcb

F

Flavia

And how do you know the profile Rosell wanted? When Pep left he had all the time in the world to chose a manager, yet he chose Tito. Then he knew that in Tito's case there was always the possibility of relapse(just like in Abi's case), yet he didn't had any back-up plan?

I don't know, I'm assuming. Tata is not strong-willed, he's a "yes" man. I don't think rosell would like someone vocal, who could bring problems for him.

Cule4life

The Culest
The board wants a puppet coach who always plays the big names, doesn't upset them, bows to the demands of xavi and is indifferent to Messi being disinterested and doesn't ask for transfers. And you lot are dreaming about the likes of klopp.:lol:
Lucho or Valverde will come. Forget about the rest

Galning

Does Rosell look like a man with a plan? The only things he was planning were how much money he could make off of Neymar's transfer and Qatari sponsors.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I'm aware of what Cruyff said but Pep won't come back for another 2-3 years I guess. So if we are going to change a coach, we need someone with strong personality that take no shit from the stars we have like Messi and good at motivating players.

Few coaches can do this in Barcelona at the moment: Klopp, Conte and Simeone

I don't think Pep will come back because a. he said that this chapter of his life over b. he has everything at bayern he didn't have at Barca - depth of the squad, normal board, players that can play different tactics, non-competitive liga, freedom to choose and buy players he wants. I think he will stay at bayern more than 2-3 years.

Klopp - impossible
Conte - impossible
Simeone - possible, although as many stated before, do we really want manager who bases his game on defence? Maybe he can adapt?

I wouldn't mind Van Gaal or even Lippi, someone who has years of successful experience in Europe.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Simeone is a die-hard colchonero. If he leaves Atletico he will go to Inter or an epl club. Don't think he will destroy his legacy by going to his rivals.

barca1899

Martino: "My future doesn't depend on this result. As I've been saying for weeks, winning or losing, I don't think my future will change."

Home of Barca Fans