Gerard Deulofeu

Barcilliant

He has a looong way to go. He is far from first team material. He has massive potential and reminds me too much of CR. Physically and technically great but mentally (all the great players have that extra mental edge)I dont know. If he can sort out his head and stop dribbling into a wall of players then MAYBE just maybe he might make it...............

Watch this space it will be interesting.............

mixer

He reminds of Cristiano Ronaldo a lot. These dribblings, style of playing, selfishness. There(Spain-France) was lots of situations where he could pass to his teammate and preferred to shoot himself. I thought he can be promoted to the 1st team but now I see that he has LOADS of work to do.

Blaugrand

I'm saying the pressure being put on the player doesn't help anyone in this scenario, just sells some papers...The club should be putting pressure on the local media to not ramp up hype on a youth player...especially a player they didn't even want interviewed last season

I am not Supporting this Hype... But all I am Saying is.... Sometimes... People need such kind of Pressure to Succeed... People sometimes just get laid back... and such Pressure might Push him....!!!

I am just Looking at the Positive Side... Not Completely agreeing with such Hypes...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sometimes, perhaps...Definitely not in this case...This is one of those players who needs an ego boost like CR does...Ego or confidence is not a problem, he is not Bojan

Jaguar

Flair Trait
What I can say about Deulofeu is that he has a brilliant first touch, obviously he will need to improve a lot of areas of his game, but a great first touch is always a great advantage for a young player :)

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Yeah, but thinking you're a world beater whilst having that many defects... NOT a good combination. Hard work is the way forward

What I can say about Deulofeu is that he has a brilliant first touch, obviously he will need to improve a lot of areas of his game, but a great first touch is always a great advantage for a young player :)

I'm not so sure, compare him to the other players in Spains u19 and he probably has the worst ball control/first touch of all strikers and midfielders

Last edited:

Jaguar

Flair Trait
I've seen him control some long balls like a boss in this tournament, although passing isn't his forte...

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
Bit of a ball hog at times and knocks the ball too far ahead of himself sometimes too.

Still young and lots to learn but he's got promise.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
so far in the first ten min of the final he has got the ball 4 times, dribbled way to much and lost it 3 and got a free kick..

never seen someone over dribble so much and I have only been watching for ten mins... I will be amazed if he changes his ways and actually makes it at Barça

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
and same again, gets the ball runs and dribbles until he loses it... so frustrating to watch

Home of Barca Fans