Gerard Deulofeu

Porque

Not Nolito either, but yeah. Denis was at his best as LW for Barca B.

Too bad he's not a starting material for Barca either as he's absolutely no goalscoring threat and easily pushed off the ball. You know when Iniesta played at the LW? He's like a diet coke version of it.

2012/2013. Just looked it up and it was Sergio Araujo I believe.

Adama and Denis filled the slots the season after and had an incredible season.

Yeah, the problem with Denis is he doesn't want to step up and take responsibility. He is great technically but will just feed the bigger names, which can be understandable I guess given who his team mates are. But not when we have 222m in the bank and Neymar's void- who even when in the squad we surcumb to huge toothless away CL defeats.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Whatever is said about Deulofeu, he never was meant to be a starter. Never meant to play in a game like this.

I don't know what people expected? The fact that he curbed his desire to go solo all the time means he's at least trying. He can be an okay impact sub once he integrates to the squad and learns the balance between taking on players and passing the ball. Yesterday he kept passing it all the time and not too well either.

Denis will play the game on Wednesday and everyone will have the same complaints of him as he'll struggle to make any positive impact too when it's not from the bench.

This is why 'La Masia is everything' doesn't always work.

The person who changed the club was not from La Masia. The person who founded this club wasn't even Catalan. Sometimes you find the solution at home and sometimes you don't.

abiabi

[MENTION=6450]BerkeleyBernie[/MENTION] is super happy, Deulofeu passed the ball backwards in every play "not slowing our game down" and we lost 3-1 at home.

Adversus

He lost the trust of the best player in the World early on and it shattered his confidence. When Iniesta, Suarez and Messi refuse to pass to you when you are the best option positionally then it is game over. Better players like Alexis struggled with this.

On the other hand I recall when the B team had their excellent season it was Denis on the left and Deulofeu on the right.

He has roational chances. It is easier to cut in with the way Barcelona players. But I think Denis will find it easier to mesh in from the left.

He didn't even have the confidence of Iniesta and Suarez in the last game. That must be pretty difficult situation to be in.

jamrock

People are OD this situation, as it relates to the game he is clearly trying to go against his own instinct and run at the defender all the time like he use to and just keeps passing it back, it's wrong but it's a sign if him trying to integrate into the team, when he balances it out better he should show more.

As it relates to the transfer in general, as much as i like him, i said it before & i will say it again, he should never have returned it makes zero sense for him personally & the club.

At milan he was finally starting week in week out & was developing his game, picking when to pass & when to run much better than he used to, he should have stayed there after there big investment being around better players & continue to develop maybe at some point in the future he could return to Barca, but right now he had to reason to return the club just saw it as a cheap way to add depth to the squad. But he isn't ready for Barca yet, he was just getting ready in those 6 months at milan.

God Serena

I still fully expect him to be a good backup for us over the course of the whole season. I don't think anyone in their right mind imagined he'd be playing for us in a Clasico after Neymar ditched the team without a word. In that sense Deu is as much a victim in all of this as we are. That game could not have been good for his confidence. He's supposed to be scoring tap ins against Girona, not starting against the best team in the world.

Still very early days. If he plays like this going forward against opponents who are more his level I'll reconsider having faith in him, but until then, he's in the same place to me now that he was in before he made his debut at all.

BerkeleyBernie

@BerkeleyBernie is super happy, Deulofeu passed the ball backwards in every play "not slowing our game down" and we lost 3-1 at home.

:lol: I barely watch Barcelona these days. They've been dull for some time now, save for the interjected Messi brilliance. Napoli is playing the most entertaining football. Fantastic tiki-taka for days. Check 'em out.

And if you blame Deulofeu for the loss, troll (whichever banned former member you are)... :facepalm:

N612

I think we should go easy on him... Judging him by 1 game while the entire team was bad isnt fair... Im not saying hes the best, but we need versatile players to come in and take chances (This is why he should be a sub mre than a starter)... Him and Denis can provide that agility off the bench...

Usually when we need our bench, it is when opponents play 10 defenders, and this is when we need players to take risks and be versatile with their skills...

I think we should keep him, even though he's not the next messi like we used to say 5 years ago, i believe his attitude is getting better and he can help even if not a lot..

El Barcelona

Hope he doesn't pay tonight, he will again destroyed and this is not good for his confidence. Give him a shot against Las Palmas or other weak teams.

JamDav1982

He doesn't have the football brain or ability to play LW for Barca in my opinion.

The only way he will ever be an asset is on the RW and being who is in someone who tries to knock ball past opponent and get ball in early.

He will be frustrating and lose it but create some chances and spread the pitch.

Just futile to try to coach him into being anything else in my opinion.

Home of Barca Fans