Gerard Deulofeu

Deulofeu didn't exactly have a ton of space on 2 of his assists I believe he had 2 defenders breathing down his neck, only the last one he had alot of space.

Hope he continues this.

yahudi

Deulofeu is a stop-and-go player, a bit similar to young Cristiano. Everytime he received the ball, he basically halted the enitre play and then used his acceleration to shake to shake his defender and deliver fine crosses and throughballs. That's what he's really good at and his final product is really decent,especially when compared to other Masia wingers like Adama.

However, him stopping the play everytime also killed any attacking flow. That's exactly the thing some Barca supporters (like Bernie) have against Neymar: while being an outstanding player, he tends to kill the attacking flow in order to deliver an individual action. Which tends to be frustrating every now and then. With Deulofeu being lesser player than Neymar, he'd probably struggle a lot in Barcelona right now.

Jenks

I know it's only third tier opposition, but he really should be starting for Everton. I can only assume it's his defensive qualities holding him back.

BBZ8800

I know it's only third tier opposition

Rafinha looked like the best dribbler in the world last Season against 3rd div team in cup.
He was running easily through 4-5 defenders a few times.

We will really need a larger sample of Deulo's (and Adama's) matches in EPL to judge their potential improvement.

Tonykross

Rafinha looked like the best dribbler in the world last Season against 3rd div team in cup.
He was running easily through 4-5 defenders a few times.

We will really need a larger sample of Deulo's (and Adama's) matches in EPL to judge their potential improvement.

Adama and Deulofeu have the potential to be world class players with hard work and discipline. Rafinha, Munir, Sandro not so much, I don't see any potential in these three, but they were retained by Lucio.

Butaan4barca

Adama and Deulofeu have the potential to be world class players with hard work and discipline. Rafinha, Munir, Sandro not so much, I don't see any potential in these three, but they were retained by Lucio.

Aaaa, with due respect, you are so wrong: after reading this, i don't think you have potential to see a world class talent then.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So is he gonna stay on the bench for guys like Kone and Naismith all the time? Pathetic.

Adversus

I know it's only third tier opposition, but he really should be starting for Everton. I can only assume it's his defensive qualities holding him back.

I think it's the fact he's coming back from a hamstring injury and Martinez doesn't want to push him too much. Frankly the position he plays in our team doesn't require him to do too much defending as we tend to leave one winger forward while the other tucks in to help the midfield. It's the job of the CDMs to cover the wings.

Home of Barca Fans