Gerard Deulofeu

gregorrin10

I'm just sick and tired of mediocre bench-players. That is a huge reason why RM won the league - they had class on the bench. With Deulofeu we get more mediocrity, poison on the field in terms of egoism and a troubled player outside the field. IMO we could just as well keep Tello - we would save the 12 M.

If the plan is to buy Deulofeu to be able to splash on a CM, then I guess the priority is right, but people assume this makes it more possible to get Verratti - and there is no grounds for that.
I hope we get Coutinho or Eriksen after a saga all summer long, because that way we will at least end up getting them, as opposed to Verratti - right now the only sure thing is Deulofeu, and he is not a strength in depth, imo.

What do you want then? Dybala or Dembele for the bench? This is not damn FIFA, man. You do realize that players like Asensio, Lucas, Kovaćić aren't exactly world beaters (yet) too, right? And yet Madrid still won back to back CL with them on the bench. You know why? Because they are good enough to play well and win games on their own against weaker opposition, and that's something Deulofeu is more than capable of doing too. Arda for example, can't even cut it against 3rd tier opposition, like we saw in the first rounds of last season's Copa. Gomes belongs in this pile of crap as well (sooner than later). And i'll admit we could and should do better like we're doing now in terms of bench players, but on the other hand you can't expect us to buy stars and tell them to sit on the bench.

Here is where La Masia played a crucial role, since we at least had players willing to sit on the bench and make the most out of every opportunity they got, and in that process they developed into quality players, capable of one day taking the helm to play in the starting lineup, but now we're so far down the rabbit hole, that we have to buy and overpay even bench players, who reasonably of course then all want to play, since they decided to come here. Not to mention buying 28 and up-year olds, who think that by just coming here, they've reached their peak, and then have no desire to actually fight for anything anymore, and all that makes them incredibly difficult to get rid of as well. If we had continued to trust La Masia, we wouldn't have bought Arda, Gomes, Paco, Digne...and by now Deulofeu, Munir, Sandro, Samper, Grimaldo and many more might've actually turned out better than they have, since they wouldn't be rotting in Granada, Valencia, Everton or some other shit club we've sent them just to get rid of them. The whole system is wrong, and for this Bartomeu must be crucified sooner than later.

And by the way, Coutinho and Eriksen = same type of player, both better at attacking than defending, both an Iniesta replacement, which we will need probably by next summer too, but first we need to get a more defensive, but more importantly controller type of CM, and there is no one better than Verratti. Shows just how much sense you're making - none.

As for the Coutinho or Eriksen debate; i wouldn't bring Coutinho for the world, he and Neymar would be useless in the same team together. Enough with the Brazilians, having one crucial player acting like a clown on the pitch is more than enough for me, thank you. Just hope this Board doesn't embarass themselves even more by bringing in some friends for Neymar rather than players we actually need.

Last edited:

PhilS

I'm not convinced that he will be with the team this season. I think the team bought him back in order to sell him on for a profit.

But if they are bringing him back so they can move out Paco, I'm fine with that. Deulo certainly has the aggression you want in a substitute forward.

Zincubus

Banned

i wouldn't bring Coutinho for the world, he and Neymar would be useless in the same team together. Enough with the Brazilians, having one crucial player acting like a clown on the pitch is more than enough for me, thank you. Just hope this Board doesn't embarass themselves even more by bringing in some friends for Neymar rather than players we actually need.

What !?!?!

Have you never seen Coutinho play with Neymar for the Brazilian team ???

I seem to recall them shining together when Brasil won the Olympic Gold not long ago ...
plus they're great friends with an amazing understanding which will help Neymar .

That aside suggesting that Neymar is a clown is bordering footballing ignorance given he's possibly the most sought after player in world football and was a lot better than Messi for some of last season - I reckon .

Last edited:

JamDav1982

What !?!?!

Have you never seen Coutinho play with Neymar for the Brazilian team ???

I seem to recall them shining together when Brasil won the Olympic Gold not long ago ...
plus they're great friends with an amazing understanding which will help Neymar .

That aside suggesting that Neymar is a clown is bordering footballing ignorance given he's possibly the most sought after player in world football and was a lot better than Messi for some of last season - I reckon .

Coutinho never played in the Olympics but he and Neymar play very well together for Brazil.

Sneer

Banned

Foto.Es-tu-dinero.jpg

BarçaBarça

What do you want then? Dybala or Dembele for the bench? This is not damn FIFA, man. You do realize that players like Asensio, Lucas, Kovaćić aren't exactly world beaters (yet) too, right? And yet Madrid still won back to back CL with them on the bench. You know why? Because they are good enough to play well and win games on their own against weaker opposition, and that's something Deulofeu is more than capable of doing too. Arda for example, can't even cut it against 3rd tier opposition, like we saw in the first rounds of last season's Copa. Gomes belongs in this pile of crap as well (sooner than later). And i'll admit we could and should do better like we're doing now in terms of bench players, but on the other hand you can't expect us to buy stars and tell them to sit on the bench.

Here is where La Masia played a crucial role, since we at least had players willing to sit on the bench and make the most out of every opportunity they got, and in that process they developed into quality players, capable of one day taking the helm to play in the starting lineup, but now we're so far down the rabbit hole, that we have to buy and overpay even bench players, who reasonably of course then all want to play, since they decided to come here. Not to mention buying 28 and up-year olds, who think that by just coming here, they've reached their peak, and then have no desire to actually fight for anything anymore, and all that makes them incredibly difficult to get rid of as well. If we had continued to trust La Masia, we wouldn't have bought Arda, Gomes, Paco, Digne...and by now Deulofeu, Munir, Sandro, Samper, Grimaldo and many more might've actually turned out better than they have, since they wouldn't be rotting in Granada, Valencia, Everton or some other shit club we've sent them just to get rid of them. The whole system is wrong, and for this Bartomeu must be crucified sooner than later.

And by the way, Coutinho and Eriksen = same type of player, both better at attacking than defending, both an Iniesta replacement, which we will need probably by next summer too, but first we need to get a more defensive, but more importantly controller type of CM, and there is no one better than Verratti. Shows just how much sense you're making - none.

As for the Coutinho or Eriksen debate; i wouldn't bring Coutinho for the world, he and Neymar would be useless in the same team together. Enough with the Brazilians, having one crucial player acting like a clown on the pitch is more than enough for me, thank you. Just hope this Board doesn't embarass themselves even more by bringing in some friends for Neymar rather than players we actually need.

I don't have concrete names of who I want. I'd much rather have a young player with promise than Deulofeu who have very much proved not to be good enough for us (He has the same overall rating as Tello ffs! With the difference that Tello has scored more goals, and I don't see people in line to praise Tello - he is after all 12 M€ cheaper).
Broadly, I really do agree with you that La Masia should be prioritized in the way that players shouldn't be allowed to leave us without getting the chance at the first team - Grimaldo e.g. + Samper should get more chances and so on.

I disagree with you on two points:
Deulofeu is not good enough to decide games against second tier La Liga opponents. We need better players than him - I mean if he wasn't La Masia it is fairly obvious to see how his stats, performances and behaviour is very much mediocre. You mention Munir - he couldn't score against Villanovense, when we played with the subs, and I don't see how Deulofeu is better.

Second point: Many relate Deulofeu-buy to Verratti and I don't see why. Verratti would be the perfect midfield addition, but he is also unattainable, so I'm kind of against wasting time chasing him. You say that I should know that reality isn't FIFA, and then suggest Verratti as a realistic target. That's laughable tbh.

Eriksen has a very good defensive game, btw.

Last edited:

dakt

The guy seems pretty confident to me. Who knows maybe something can come out.
Looking his highlights from Milan I can only conclude; great speed and ball control, but honorific conversion rate.

aaron101

Tell me one reason Munir is better than Deulofeu, also we don't need Sandro because we have Paco, on top of that Deulofeu probably played better for NT than Sandro too

We had Sandro even before Paco came lol and he's for free. Paco was 30M. Munir is was decent with the minutes that were given to him by Lucho. He played better than Deulofeu when he was in England and Italy. Now, tell me one reason why Deulofeu deserves to be here more than Munir?

clemente

We had Sandro even before Paco came lol and he's for free. Paco was 30M. Munir is was decent with the minutes that were given to him by Lucho. He played better than Deulofeu when he was in England and Italy. Now, tell me one reason why Deulofeu deserves to be here more than Munir?

Munir is a striker that we don't need, on the wing he offers pretty much nothing, unlike Deulofeu who can cross, outpace opponents or take them on 1v1.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently has a similar clause like Thiago's.

If he doesn't play at least 60 minutes in 20 games, his buyout drops low.

Would be quite an achievement to lose money out on him too :lol:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Apparently has a similar clause like Thiago's.

If he doesn't play at least 60 minutes in 20 games, his buyout drops low.

Would be quite an achievement to lose money out on him too :lol:

Ofcourse he won't play 20 matches as a starter lol. That too with MSN competition.

God Serena

Ofcourse he won't play 20 matches as a starter lol. That too with MSN competition.

Should be easily attainable, in all honesty. We play nearly 60 games per season. The entire point of bringing in a backup is so we're not forced to use MSN in every game. If we can't give Deu those kind of minutes there would have been no point in even bothering to bring him back at all.

Home of Barca Fans