Gerard Deulofeu

xXKonan

I don't think he will be here when the season starts. He will probably be loaned out again with a Loan+Option to Buy.

Devils

It's becoming a joke at this point.

Just when you think having Arda and Gomes is unbearable enough, this pile of dross is bought.

JamDav1982

Be like the Wizard of Oz in Barcelona training next season.

Deulofeu looking for a brain, Arda looking of a heart and Gomes looking for courage.

JamDav1982

It's becoming a joke at this point.

Just when you think having Arda and Gomes is unbearable enough, this pile of dross is bought.

My guess on this is that they are stung by the 'lack of La Masia players coming through' argument that is hot topic just now. As much as anything else.

JamDav1982

It's a great deal. We needed a winger like him. Don't get why some people are upset.

Because of type of player he is and has seemingly not developed.

Bellerin is only being looked at as ex La Masia and Deulofeu is far worse example of that. Bellerin looks like a well rounded player in comparison.

Maybe Valverde can change him as a player but seen plenty of players like this that managers think they see raw potential and they are the ones to change it all. Where others have failed to change them they think it will be different but almost always nothing can be done as the player just doesnt have it between the ears.

JamDav1982

He created a lot of chances at Everton as well.

But he was head down and get ball into box at every opportunity. It was crazy how often he gave ball away doing that and wasnt worth it for what he was producing.

He was like a one dimensional 1990s winger from the EPL.

Bit misleading as well as Suso was about the only attacking midfielder/winger to play more minutes despite him only arriving in January.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

This only makes sense if we sell him to another club. I really hope we'll do, but how much profit would we realistically make by doing that? Not a huge amount, I imagine..

If he is actually meant to have a role next season, then :facepalm:

Home of Barca Fans