Gerard Deulofeu

Zinedinho

This is really risky for him. He has a higher probability of truly making it if he stayed at Milan and tried to continuously up his level until he moves to a big club with a vacancy at LW. I'd love for Gerard to make it here, but it's just difficult. He could own the LW position and have a club build their attack around his dynamism if he grows into even 3/4 of the player he promised to be. Instead he opts to come to Barca for, at best, a 50/50 shot at holding down a 4th fiddle position to MSN on his weaker flank.

He is far better than any of our options currently though. From the club's perspective, it's a cheap acquisition for a versatile player who can make a difference on either wing and as a supersub. If he doesn't work out, they can dispose of him elsewhere without a second thought. It's Deulo's career that's being gambled with, and only he will really suffer in the long term if this transfer doesn't work out.

That's exactly my view. From Barça's point or view, it's win-win (or win-not lose much). From his point of view, and considering how his career has been developing so far, the best move is stay at Milan, where he's beginning to feel like an important footballer with a more realistic opportunity to flourish.

Sneer

Banned
I like how everyone is being emotional about his return. . . Singing praises and all.
I remember the same thing happened when it was Denis about to be signed.
I am not wishing him bad, but I have to be honest with my evaluation.
I'd love to see your reactions after he comes here and flops again!

jamrock

I've been saying what DA just said for months now, for his own career she should stay at Milan, but if he does comeback, just to be a bench played, it would show that he really loves Barcelona.

God Serena

I like how everyone is being emotional about his return. . . Singing praises and all.
I remember the same thing happened when it was Denis about to be signed.
I am not wishing him bad, but I have to be honest with my evaluation.
I'd love to see your reactions after he comes here and flops again!

Deulofeu never flopped here. That would imply he was ever in the first team to begin with.

Denis didn't work out but not a single person complains about his price tag, especially in comparison to true flops like Paco, Gomes, Arda, Vermaelen, etc.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Deulofeu never flopped here. That would imply he was ever in the first team to begin with.

Denis didn't work out but not a single person complains about his price tag, especially in comparison to true flops like Paco, Gomes, Arda, Vermaelen, etc.

Deulofeu kind of flopped with the B team to be honest, even though he wasn't the only one to blame for that... Not saying he can't change or that he shouldn't be given a proper chance in the first team, it's just that a couple months ago nobody wanted him back, and just now that he's playing well in a horrible AC Milan team and we are going through painful last days with Lucho that the interest re sparked...

He was always a talented player, but there's a little bit of over excitement about him these days...

JamDav1982

Deulofeu kind of flopped with the B team to be honest, even though he wasn't the only one to blame for that... Not saying he can't change or that he shouldn't be given a proper chance in the first team, it's just that a couple months ago nobody wanted him back, and just now that he's playing well in a horrible AC Milan team and we are going through painful last days with Lucho that the interest re sparked...

He was always a talented player, but there's a little bit of over excitement about him these days...

He never flopped with the B team he was probably the best player in his last season but it was always obvious what he strengths and weaknesses were.

God Serena

What?!

*looks around the room in desperation*

Deulofeu was a B team flop?

Lord give me strength, it's been a long day and I don't have the energy for this...

Zinedinho

Deulofeu kind of flopped with the B team? Seriously?

Yeah, that's probably why he was proclaimed best player in the Liga Adelante (Second Division) with 18 goals and 9 assists while he was only 18 years old for most part of the competition.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He never flopped with the B team he was probably the best player in his last season but it was always obvious what he strengths and weaknesses were.

Deulofeu kind of flopped with the B team? Seriously?

Yeah, that's probably why he was proclaimed best player in the Liga Adelante (Second Division) with 18 goals and 9 assists while he was only 18 years old for most part of the competition.

Thanks, I stand corrected, I was under the impression he played in the B team the 13/14 season but that was his first loan to Everton...

EDIT: The hype still seems a bit too high for me...

God Serena

Thanks, I stand corrected, I was under the impression he played in the B team the 13/14 season but that was his first loan to Everton...

So you don't actually follow La Masia even a little bit? That's a shame, I think anyone claiming to be a Barca fan should at least be familiar with the B team and the players it has who have promise to potentially join the first team one day.

That being said, your opinion on the player doesn't hold much weight at all now, what with you thinking he was part of why Barca B got relegated :lol:

Just look at how he's playing for Milan, if we can have that here we'll be a better team.

Zinedinho

The hype was a bit too high some years ago. Now, I don't see anyone comparing him with Messi, or Neymar. Hell, they don't even compare him with Iago Aspas. What is undeniable is that the guy has talent, and his problem was of focus and attitude. Now people are saying that he's got the right attitude, and for 12 m euros it's a good decision to get him back instead of definitely losing him and having to pay much more for a similar player.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
So you don't actually follow La Masia even a little bit? That's a shame, I think anyone claiming to be a Barca fan should at least be familiar with the B team and the players it has who have promise to potentially join the first team one day.

That being said, your opinion on the player doesn't hold much weight at all now, what with you thinking he was part of why Barca B got relegated :lol:

It was a while ago, so forgive my bad memory...

And thank you for being a model fan and teaching us how it's done...

Either way, the new manager would have to push hard for him, otherwise he will only get garbage minutes here despite how good he might be... MSN isn't going away and will monopolyze minutes, and with Paco and maybe Munir here it seems a little overcrowded...

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The hype was a bit too high some years ago. Now, I don't see anyone comparing him with Messi, or Neymar. Hell, they don't even compare him with Iago Aspas. What is undeniable is that the guy has talent, and his problem was of focus and attitude. Now people are saying that he's got the right attitude, and for 12 m euros it's a good decision to get him back instead of definitely losing him and having to pay much more for a similar player.

Yeah, he's not being compared to super stars, but are three months enough to say his head is in the right place this time? Other than that I can agree with you, and it's good he has a say in his transfer as that will not allow the club to use him as trade fodder...

Adversus

If Barca don't buy him back I hope Koeman gives him another shot.

The improvements in his work rate and fitness are mostly down to Koeman and of course Deulofeu taking it on board in a positive way.

Home of Barca Fans