Gerard Deulofeu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sevilla have been the best Europa League team which in reality is a second rate competition which teams dont put too much importance on.

What have Villareal and Valencia done to be called two of three best Europa League teams - which proves barely anything anyway.

Europa League had a direct CL place to offer this season so it's hilarious to hear that teams didn't put much importance on it. Sure that's what they'll say when they go out crashing.

Adversus

Defending isn't good in La Liga...but it's good in the EPL?!....

Also

Almost every other country defends as a team and attacks as a team. A bit like Basketball. We have a history of going long so in the past the attackers never had a chance to get back so the defenders defended and the attackers attacked.

Hence there was more space and less need for technical ability. With the refereeing changes, better pitches and fitter players that kind of football doesn't work.

However what it means is individually the defenders are better as they're chosen on their ability to defend while la liga defenders have to also be good in possession. It's changing but it will take time especially at youth levels.

Zangash

Banned
I was with Jamdav until he said none of the teams take the Europa league seriously :lol:

I'm sure not a single one of those teams cared about the CL spot it rewarded.

Duelo found the club that fits his level. If he plays well, he can still earn that big money move. I don't think he'll make it back to Barca though, probably City/Chelsea/PSG in 2-3 years.

Jombi

Duelo found the club that fits his level. If he plays well, he can still earn that big money move. I don't think he'll make it back to Barca though, probably City/Chelsea/PSG in 2-3 years.

Yeah, I can totally see us having included a clause of us getting at least 20 or 30% of any future transfer fee like sensible clubs would do (lol, not very likely is it).

BBZ8800

He will never be a Chelsea/City/Psg player.

S7_MUFC

Don't see why not, if Jesus Navas can play for City why can't Deulofeu.
Jesus Navas was regular for Spain when he was signed and was the best player for Sevilla and it's fair to say he's been mediocre for city and will probably make way for Sterling...

JamDav1982

I was with Jamdav until he said none of the teams take the Europa league seriously :lol:

I'm sure not a single one of those teams cared about the CL spot it rewarded.

I never said they dont take it serious... I said that they treat it as a second rate competition in comparison to the league.

Which they do, even Spanish teams do that.

Zangash

Banned
I never said they dont take it serious... I said that they treat it as a second rate competition in comparison to the league.

Which they do, even Spanish teams do that.

I don't know a single fan of a Europa league team who has considered it second rate in comparison to the league. They value the Europa league as highly as we'd value the CL, especially with the reward for winning it being a free spot in the CL.

Home of Barca Fans